Home

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic retrospective review

Star Wars Gamer

If nothing else, the article made me want to replay KotOR again. Not that I need a lot of encouragement for that, but it's a well-written article that perfectly captures the feeling people had when they were standing on each of the different planets for the first time, taking in that moment, while also highlighting the interaction with colorful characters and emotional quests that would influence RPG's to this day.

It's interesting to read about the cut content. I remember the discussions about the cut content on this forum, with all the valiant efforts to bring them back. As big fans of these games, we naturally want more and that's what the cut content gives us. But I also think the explanation of pacing is a sound one. Doesn't mean it's not a shame we don't get to see Sleheyron as it was intended. I think I'd personally most want to have the Sand People questline back if I could choose, though.

I know you touched upon it briefly, but I think one of the most interesting things about the game is its legacy, more specifically its influence on modern RPG's and actually games in general, as well as how it helped shape one of the most succesful franchises in recent gaming history, i.e. Mass Effect and how it steered BioWare into a new direction.

Archived