Home

Archiving older Star Wars communities

Lynk Former

As some of you have already noticed, the LucasForums home page looks pretty empty right now since I put all the older Star Wars communities into the LucasForums Archive: http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=822

Currently there are a few communities that haven't been put into the archive. These will be put into the archive at a later time since they have semi-active communities in them.

Anyway, now that I've put all those older communities into the archive, there are probably some threads in there that people would want to have in a still active forum like Star Wars Gamer.

So, with that in mind, if there are certain threads that are important that need to be transferred over to Star Wars Gamer, let us know in here so we can get those threads in here for people to continue using.

Moved both of those threads and renamed the titles slightly to make sure people know they're for "Episode I: The Phantom Menace"

They also have tags on them them that associate them with the game.

Oh, and I made sure to leave permanent redirects back in the forum they were in originally so that people can find where they are now.

Not sure if this is realistic, but any way to allow for "signpost" threads to be posted in a few of these old forums to permanently direct people to the new forums?

I ask because I was thinking of posting one in the old Downtime forum of Aresen, but I can only edit old posts -- my supermod powers do not extend to making new threads there! :)

Yeah, I'll take care of the signpost link for the older forum sometime this weekend. I'll probably add something to forum templates to add a permanent link to Star Wars Gamer at the top of the page so that it's literally EVERYWHERE in those sections.

Nice! That's very much appreciated.

Oh right, I almost forgot. I've archived the Jedi Knight forums today. I waited as long as I could for that one.

However, don't worry about the SWK and XWA forums for now. As I've said previously in many other threads, I won't be moving either of those forums into the archive until the end of the year.

• 3 months later...

Where is the star wars 1 section now?

Could you move these two?

[Download] BAP Map Tool (Obi.exe) + Manual

[Download] Mace Windu, Darth Maul & (New) Obi-Wan Models

Perhaps there could be a generic modding forum for these standalone games with tags for each one so that threads could be filtered by game.

Im finding this new forum so confusing, cant find star wars 1 section!

Archived