Home

Psychonauts 2 Announced at VGAs

Psychonauts 2 Is Most Likely a Go People!!

I only caught the news on Facebook, but Psychonauts 2 is NOW CROWDFUNDING at Fig. Considering it was just announced and is already at 13% funding, I think we can all hope for the best.

So go give them money!! I know I will the second that Christmas cash gets deposited. It's here, it's happening, and we can make it happen!

Looks cool, but given how rough DF-9 and Broken Age's developments were, I think I'll wait and buy this one on retail just in case.

Not like I'm worried about it getting funded. Psychonauts has really grown on people so I think it'll get the exposure it needs.

Edit: I recall Notch saying Tim wanted 18 million for Psychonauts 2, since they're only asking for 3.3 million on this one, that means they must be seriously banking on stretch goals and flying past that minimum amount they're asking for. That's... worrying, to be honest.

The video said that the game will be funded from three sources (1) the crowdfunding itself (2) "a significant amount of money" Doublefine is ponying up themselves and (3) a mysterious external partner who is bringing additional money. I've heard other sources that Psychonauts would take about an estimated $13mil, which means that either this external partner could be a co-publisher of some sorts or someone with a lot of money to burn, or Doublefine is putting a lot of their own cash into it.

I didn't know about a lot of the problems people had with Broken Age. I've never played it (The only Post-Psychonauts DF game I've played is Costume Quest, which I thoroughly enjoyed, and Stacking which refuses to run on any computer I own) but I'm hoping they've learned from their past crowdfunding mistakes. I really don't think that with something like Psychonauts that has garnered so much nostalgic affection and #hype that they would let it go down a route less than what a sequel for it deserves.

I plan on throwing in a couple bucks. I haven't been burned by crowdfunding yet and my gaming budget isn't exactly pressed since I'm still on a Last Gen console. But yeah, I can see where your guy's concern makes sense, I totally buy it.

• 1 month later...

Archived