Home

EA Denies Battlefront Underperfomance

Star Wars Gamer

According to GameStop executives, the still freshly released Star Wars Battlefront is underperfoming in sales when compared to EA projections. Peter Moore, EA CEO, has stated that they are surprised by such comments, and that they see long legs on the title.

The post EA Denies Battlefront Underperfomance appeared first on Star Wars Gamer.

Read the full story at starwarsgamer.com...

They do appear to be playing the long game on this one with Battlefront. I'm sure they've got movie tie-in DLC planned for each movie release, eps 7, 8 and 9 and the Anthology movies, Rogue One and the Han Solo one.

Those alone would attract some interest for general movie-goers interested in playing a game with the things they've seen in the movie they just watched.

I believe they've previously stated that they would not make any expansion or DLC about the upcoming movies. Jakku is somewhat of an expansion, but even so it's not directly connected to events in the movie.

I'm sure The Force Awakens will provide it a major boost to sales though. And then Rogue One will probably bring people to it as well. The time between those movies is kind of a question mark though.

But they have plenty of content coming up, and they have to make the season pass worth it somehow. If they're going down the Battlefield route of expansions, packs and DLC, then they will have at least some numbers for a long time.

It'll be interesting to see how long it will be until they announce a release for the sequel though. They've been fairly adamant about not making it annual.

Not surprised, they are still trying to deny the fact that SW battleflop didnt flop by suggesting that it was the highest sold SW game ever in the first week (at 1.2 million copies) which is ridiculous as back in the day, Many SW games held records for the first week of sales of the game for their time

"Literally the only major Star Wars game in market where people have no other options" had better break some records, especially when it looks so pretty.

Shame about the rest of it.

The records this game broke were not hard, I was pointing out how ridiculous their comparisons were because at the time of release, many SW games broke records... EA's game however has done nothing sig. compared to other games released this past year

Archived