Home

Precursors - A game that looks and feels like a mix of Kotor and Mass Effect

Turbo_Racer

I have recently found this great game called "The Precursors" whick is a mixed-genre game, featuring RPG, Action, Stealth, FPS amd Space Combat elements, you even get your own ship and can travel to multiple planets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precursors_(video_game)

The Precursors is a video game from Kiev-based developer Deep Shadows. It was released on the 4 December 2009 as retail for the PC in Russia.[1] and in December 2010 via digital distribution by GamersGate in an English version.[2] It was also available for purchase via online retailer Beamdog.[3] The game is set in a futuristic sci-fi environment where many political factions are engaged in an intergalactic war. The player will be able to explore a multitude of planets, travel through outer space to complete missions, obtain information, and buy weapons and supplies in a free-roaming environment. "The game blends role-playing engagement and dynamic FPS-style action in a completely open world".[4] It is described as a "mix of RPG, FPS, and space simulation".

After playing about 12 hours, I found a planet that looks just like Tatooine, the same houses design, etc, and another one like Kashyyk, with giant trees and walkways between them! It gave me a stronh Kotor I feel. There is a space transit system that is almost identical to the one in Mass Effect, and you can also fly between planets like in the X space combat series, fighting pirates along the way. There is also a major war going on between an Empire and an Alliance!

1pikjc.jpg

20aqgp0.jpg

2ijrdjq.jpg

250oumu.jpg

16c5jed.jpg

Archived