Home

How to translate Mods?

Since I'm trying to make KOTOR Mods better known throughout german speaking territory through my Website and

, I'm actually sad that great Add-Ons like "Brotherhood of Shadow" aren't extected to work with the german version of the game since the dialogue file isn't the same and english dialogues and Item names just won't show up.

There are only some Mods made by Archer which support te german Version by showing Item Names and also German dialogues. I guess they must be a Translation of an english Version though.

Now I'm at that point where I'd love to translate Brotherhood of Shadow and other Add-On Mods by myself to share those Mods with the germanspeaking Fans who love the German Soundtrack or aren't as fluent in english as me.

Problem is, that I've never ever modded anything before, but since it's only translation work of some Dialogues and Item names I want to do, it can't be that hard, right? I tried to contact Archer about the Topic, but I can't find his contacts and I fear he's not active anymore?

Can anybody help me explaining how I could translate the Mods so that all the dialogues and answering Options will show up as my Translation? I'd keep the original Voiceover, but it would be so nice to have german subtitles.

Thanks for any answers!

Thanks to Fair Strydes I'm in Mod Business now, or Mod-Translating Business more accurately. I've got a lot done by now with different Mods, but I'll try them and make shure they really work with the german version before I post anything.

good to hear that! :thmbup1:

these translation tools work only on dlg files or can translate the journal too, for example? :raise:

work on both games??

thx Strydes and Stormrider :smoke2:

good to hear that! :thmbup1:

these translation tools work only on dlg files or can translate the journal too, for example? :raise:

work on both games??

thx Strydes and Stormrider :smoke2:

Pretty much any text in the game could be translated one of two ways. The first (and more proper if you care about that) is by messing with the dialog.tlk, and the second way is easier to do but will sort of bloat the file size; it's only noticeable for DLG files anyways.

• 2 weeks later...
Pretty much any text in the game could be translated one of two ways. The first (and more proper if you care about that) is by messing with the dialog.tlk, and the second way is easier to do but will sort of bloat the file size; it's only noticeable for DLG files anyways.

So dlgs will endup with duplicated languages then? double-sized then? :raise:

keep it up :thmbup1:

Archived