Home

Mekel recruitment mod PROBLEMS

I am trying to get the kotor restoration mod and the Mekel recruitment mod to work together but Mekel mod uses the same module as the K1R.

any suggestions?

I'm also running the brigan recruitment mod for when I do DS playthroughs I can kill Juhani I have some one to replace her with.. The doesn't seem to be any conflictions but I haven't play tested it yet.

I'm also running a whole bunch of other mods that results in some of the .uti files overwriting others I have installed. I don't know if simply changing the name would work or if I would have to manually modify some of the .2da files. Or if there is even more I would have to do.

I may not know how to do any real modding but I'm willing to learn and do all the leg work. I just need a voice to help guide me through the darkness...

Also about the .uti problems.. Im running into the same problem when trying to install the Bendak Starkiller reskin + Armor mod. Again I don't know if simply changing the .uti files names will work.

Any help is much appreciated

And thank you in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

My suggestion is to try and avoid potential problems by making choices, albeit it means sacrificing some modifications in favor of others.

From the little I know though, K1R and the Mekel recruitment mod *might* be compatible even if they use the same module.

To see if that is the case, you need to extract the files included in that specific module for each of the two modifications in two different directories and compare the files. If both modifications modify any of the same file contained in the module then there is no compatibility. Otherwise they should be compatible and what you need to do is to move the modified files from the Mekel recruitment mod to the K1R folder, overwriting the files there which are just the original game files (that is, resources that belong to the original game). After combining the files, you just need to repack everything into a new module with the same name.

You are going to need a tool that allows you to do all this. KOTOR Tool is a standard.

Archived