Home

New To Scripting - Could Use Your Assistance

yawen

I have been poring over the internet in the hopes to find a specific tutorial or even a non-specific guideline as to how to do some scripting for Star Wars KOTOR I & II yet am unfamiliar with the language used to do so. I am very familiar with the use of scripting for other games yet for KOTOR I am unable to find anything on the internet that I may start with. How did you guys gain knowledge in this programming/scripting language? This is much more than a hobby, I guess you could say its a huge interest that I would enjoy vesting my time in. The tutorials out there right now are not bad, but they are not centered toward people like myself with little experience, and to be honest as much as I've studied them, I am still in the dark. I'm really hoping that many of you will reply to this, and please don't hesitate to post a reply even if you think your reply won't contain enough info., because I know it can be complicated but I would still appreciate any and all info. that you guys can offer. If anyone hasn't written a beginner friendly tutorial yet, this is something that (as far as I know) is not available yet, and it would be SO amazing if anyone decided to do something such as this!

Thank you for reading this, and I am really looking forward to hearing your replies!

Don't worry, I was about as clueless when I first started scripting. However, it isn't that difficult to learn from the tutorials that exist here on LF. In the intro to scripting tutorials written by stoffe and tk102 in the Tutorials: Scripting section of this forum, they explain the basics of SYNTAX and NWN scripting, and there are also plenty of example or template scripts on the forums to take a look at.

Archived