Home

Triumvirate Lords Of The Third Dimension

thats a good point Q, but sometimes modders can think of and possibly do achievements that the original developers didn't do. Like, in JA, Hapslash was able to animate all 20000+ frames to make a good robe/cape model for his Count Dooku and other Episode 3 models, while Ravensoft didn't do any robe/capes in JA or JO (that I can remember. Maybe Marka Ragnos had one, but I can't remember)

Ugh, I know what that's like.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hapslash was able to animate all 20000+ frames to make a good robe/cape model for his Count Dooku and other Episode 3 models, while Ravensoft didn't do any robe/capes in JA or JO (that I can remember. Maybe Marka Ragnos had one, but I can't remember)

Yes, but, remember that was already programmed in the game: Animations that work with the Skin modifier and bones.

In your example nothing really new was added, its more an extension of what is already there. Adding extra bones to anitmate the robes and cloaks.

No small feat though, got to respect the man for doing such a good mod.

You to SS!

Something really new would be like, well a Portal gun :lol:

Mag, I have another request. I do a lot of work on Vista 64bit, is there any way we can get the tool working in compatibility with it? Right now i use my laptop to model, but i have to bring the model to my desktop which runs xp in order to get it to compile with KAurora. It would make things go a lot faster.

Mag, I have another request. I do a lot of work on Vista 64bit, is there any way we can get the tool working in compatibility with it?

I can look into it. I used to compile KAurora under .net framework 2.0 and make it compatible with Windows 2000.

Now I have it under the newest one, will check if there's some sort of compatibility flag for 64-bit versions.

Hey MagnusII, I noticed something strange when working on a coruscant module. The texture for the moving ships in the background doesn't have a .txi file attached to it, so I figured it must move through texture scrolling, this is another thing i encountered in NWN modding. Do you think that if you are able to figure out how to export animations from 3dsMax into Kotor, UV scrolling will translate into that?

I have no clue... I do know how to import animations into Kotor (didn't do it yet 'cause it's a long implementation) from the ascii file produced by NWmax, but I've no idea whether Max's UV scrolling function ends up creating an animation which NWmax can export.

"I have no clue... I do know how to import animations into Kotor (didn't do it yet 'cause it's a long implementation) from the ascii file produced by NWmax, but I've no idea whether Max's UV scrolling function ends up creating an animation which NWmax can export."

Care to give a tutorial?

Patience Dis :lol:

I've been thinking perhaps we need a new little thread in our group, one dedicated for Kaurora. To talk about all its issues and wishlisting by the endusers :p

Not that I want to take away the other modders rights though, but I guess us little bunch are the most excessive users and good test subjects: so to speak.

Plus the thread is getting a bit lenghty, its good for gossip and what not :)

Oh, yes, Mag, I replied to your PM.

• 2 weeks later...

boredom can be both a good and a bad thing. Today, in my case, it was a good thing. I got up early today, watching my sister for about an hour, logged on, played Crysis Wars for another 2, got back on LF, exported my sabers, and than modeling inspiration. It had absolutely nothing to do with what I did today. If you've played the Metroid Prime games, (which I somehow doubt...) I've modeled Samus's gunship from the second game, and her helmet. I just have to Map her helm, and I might map the ship. Here is a render of the ship.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
samus-ship.png

Not sure if I'm going to be able to do anything with KOTOR with that.

• 2 weeks later...

At last, after a graphic driver update I got my glow effect back in the Kotor games.

Boy, did I miss that effect: had no idea my latests areas where that glowy :p

Show spoiler
AqGlow05.jpg

Show spoiler
AqGlow06.jpg

Show spoiler
AqGlow04.jpg

Saddly my progress on this project gets seriously slowed by the walkmeshes.

Cutting your walkmesh into room sections isn't difficult, but its trouble in the game.

Its real sensitive... if it keeps being like that I'll go back to my single large walkmesh. :p

I got my b*tch w**** walkmesh listen to me today :lol:

Ahum, a bit uncalled for xD

Anyway I've been splattering this particular area in BLOOD and battle damage aka blast marks. Nothing overly special mind you.

Atton has a very precise razorblade machine :D

Archived