Home

Purple Evil Twi'lek Association (PETA)

I think the most important ability for a leader is about understanding and trusting the ability of his followers. That INCLUDES those who would tell him "you are wrong" with viable reasons.

Not everyone is some superleader like Revan which is good at almost everything, and even Revan met his first downfall by not understanding the ability of his follower and his enemy.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leadership is a very complex subject that is expected to be dynamic as the situation changes. In some lines of work, a leader must be granted complete authority. The military is not perfect, but more often than not, the chain of command allows the greatest progress with the least conflict. Since rank has to be earned, it can be assumed that the greater the rank, the greater the competence. (This was one of the qualities that Ghengis Khan recognized.)

In most occupations, there has to be a balance between liberty and order. Given the requirements of the occupation, managers must be competent enough to motivate their followers, or they won't understand the balance. Managers are the most likely leaders we have to deal with in an occupation, so that's why I include them.

As for accepting advice from subordinates... this depends on the situation. If you stand up to a manager in a major corporation, odds are you that you'll not win. If it's a simple mistake, then yes, but not with major policies. There are some exceptions to this.

Yes, as Poiuy said, being a leader requires a good understanding of your followers (without whom you would be nothing) including their abilities and needs, in order to get the most out of them. Things like charisma make leadership easier. Accepting advice from subordinates...like DY siad, it epends on the situation. However it s important for a leaer to remember tht suborinates often posess skill that they do not.

EDIT: Ah its good to be back with the PETA! Incientally I have not yet read DY´s 2 latest chapters you know, being away and all...Ill get around to it soon, your not being snubbed :D

-HOP

P.S. If I´missing any Ds its because that key sticks at this cafe. :)

I love the voice actress, Tamera Phillips. She was too old for the character, but I appreciated the deep tone that makes her sound very wise, even for a sith.

I also agreed with what she said on Korriban: Sometimes anger is so deserved and right that things change because of it. If it wasn't for her anger, she would never have escaped captivity or Sleheyron. I could understand why she wouldn't let it go if it saved her in the past.

I also believe that even a destructive emotion can bring about positive effects. If a wrong was been committed, then injustice or harm has already been done. Anger is the means that brings about the retaliation to the wrong. If there was no anger, then the one who committed the wrong would not have any reason to stop.

• 2 weeks later...

We're always glad to have another member. When I started SiD, I didn't really expect so many to read and respond. Although it ended up better than I originally expected, I'm no writer.

This group is named PETA, but the topics are not limited to that single character. I remembered the first time I went through KOTOR and saw Yuthura. She was a great character, but I dismissed her as a pure sith. When I started talking to her, I got the indication that she was much more like a jedi than sith. Her reasons for going to the sith and her reasons for leaving made sense. She was a much more believable than most.

Nice to see you here JA!

I always got the impression that Yuthura was in her mid thirties, maybe 35? But then that might have just been the voice acting. Just the things that Yuthura says gave me the impression that she was not some twenty year old twi'lek girl. Plus to become second in charge of the Korriban Acadamy, I doubt she was that young really. Its herd to tell with twi'leks. :D

~HOP

According to my story, I assumed that she was a teenager when the jedi accepted her. That may be a bit extreme, but she said that she was older than most padawans. There is no indication of how long she was with the jedi or the sith, but I believe she was in her mid twenties. Sith likely don't have a long lifespan, so it would make sense that she wasn't much older than Bastila. Since the sith had only been around under Revan for about five years, I assume she was with them for four with about the same number among the jedi.

It all depends on what we choose to believe, but I place her at 24 with about nine since she escaped Sleheyron. This has no real bearing, but I think she would have been more open to change if she was younger than older. Jedi and sith also tend to act more mature than they really are in my opinion.

Nevertheless, I would not have wanted anyone other than Tamera Phillips to give her the deep tone that made her seem timeless. I hope that age doesn't greatly change your perspective on the character.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well it's been a long time since this group has been active. I guess that the 'Yuthura craze' has passed its peak. I still am surprised that it had only been three days after this group was created that I first posted on this site. I still wonder where HOP came with the idea to create a group for a really minor character. I'm progressing SiD again, so watch for updates.

Construct is sharp... notice how she's holding the lightsaber as well? Who else does that?

Well, I'm a huge Yuthura fan and for some reason I was thinking of acronyms that day. So when I thought of Purple Evil Twi'lek Association (PETA) I just had to create it. That and I rather dislike the actual PETA so giving something else the same name, somthing cool, was great. Yuthura Ban was the reason, and the acronym was icing on the cake. :xp: Yuthera=Awesomeness :D

Coincidentally, DY joined the forums and started his fic two days later. :)

~HOP

Yes, it was a remarkable coincidence. I had started it months before and even known of this site long before that. For absolutely no cause other than to see if there would be any readers, I joined and was recognized almost instantly. If that hadn't happened, SiD would have ended a long time ago.

I'm still aiming for at least 50 chapters before I foresee repetition or lack of ideas. I just have to write and post it. I just want to say it really lifted my spirit to see so many telling me they liked it. Now I could officially say it is the longest fanfiction devoted to this one minor character. lol

Archived