Home

Oldie Games Fan Club

Well, I guess as a guy who decided to create this group, I should start the discussion.

I recently replayed Nox, that old RPG by Westwood studios. Alongside Diablo I & II, I consider this game to be one of the best old RPGs. Any opinions? Any other suggestions?

I've uploaded some pics in homage to the #2 game in existence. I bet you haven't seen these in a long while. :)

I'm also reminded of one more great old game - Wolfenstein 3D. The first 3D shooter ever. Haven't played its sequel though.

Hi, everyone. I'm pretty new to social groups and don't know what is appropriate or not. If I could interject a game I would consider worthy of playing, it would be Armor Alley. It's a 2-D 256 color game with the player using a helicopter and organizing ground forces. It's ancient and something I would use if I had it anymore. Has anyone heard of it? Played it?

In regards to Prince of Persia: Never finished it, but enjoyed playing it.

Dark Forces was a great game, but not one I would play anymore.

I'm not one for the extremely simple games of ancient times like tetris. Armor Alley is clearly over a decade old, but it has numerous actions tied with a degree of strategy. Age of Empires is another game I loved, but I've used it so much that there's no challenge anymore (I play against seven computer opponents and can still expect victory).

Another game I crave is deadlock: planetary conquest. A strategy game that takes a number of hours to complete and is turn based. Has technologies, resources, military units, factories, and other variables.

I also loved games like Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, the Dig, and Full Throttle. The only problem is that these are not very replayable. At least KOTOR has variables that can change from game to game.

What kind of games from the ancient times do others like? Are the simplest games the most everlasting, or are long-term games, like KOTOR, the more favored? I'd be interested to know what old games others have played.

I also loved the old Indie games, like the Fates of Atlantis, as well as Age of Empires I and II. Warcraft 2 and Starcraft are among my favorite RTS games. There are so many people who have played Warcraft 3 and don't even know there was a Warcraft 2 before. I'd like to think WC2 was better, because without it there wouldn't be a third part. Same goes for Starcraft and many others.

As for other games, I enjoyed Worms, Diablo, and, of course, Grim Fandango.

I never managed to get into AoE1&2, mainly because I got my hands on cossacs first. I mean an army of maybe 150 soldiers choping each other for ages without dying is supposed to be fun? Pfah give me a line of 4000 spearmen supported by an equal number of musketers, with cannon bateries tearing holes in the enemy line before raping them with grapeshot any day:D

I LOVED Age of Empires 2 - I played it non-stop for about a year when it came out. Had all the best mods (especially the Rome mods for it). Then I discovered Cossacks, Then American Conquest...

Nothing like watching 4000 redcoats tear apart a colonial defence. good times.

Archived