Home

Oldie Games Fan Club

Anyone ever play Warlords I or II? This is a turn-based game with about 25 different army types each with distinctive advantages. The objective is to capture as many cities as possible for taxes, but be able to arrange your offensive and defensive armies as best as possible to take everything. I loved this game as a kid and may still play it if I could use it anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember Sim City. I found it to be quite limiting and the road systems didn't work over water and disasters weren't available to deal with. Fires don't burn for years!

Sim City 2000 was the best leap in my opinion. Although I like Sim City 4 more than that, it doesn't allow for certain buildings to be 'customized.' Airports, seaports, and many other things were not always rectangular.

I also liked sim tower and sim farm, but haven't played any other.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Played most of the games listed here....and have a few more to add....and they just prove I'm old. *sigh*

First....the grade-school classic, Oregon Trail. Hunting ftw in that game!

Some really old Console titles: Pitfall, Combat, Smurfs, and Maze for the Atari 2600.

Pitfall defined platforming long before Mario. The best I ever did was getting the timer down to 09:46 when I lost my third life.

Combat was one of the first tank games, Maze was just interesting, and well...smurfs...were smurfs. The same sequence of screens over and over and over, with more and more difficulties each screen as you play through each subsequent round after rescuing Smurfette. Good times. :D

And two more games from the Commadore 64 were Swiss Family Robinson and GI Joe.

SFR had some of the funniest moments in the world, to me. "Load Gun. Shoot Shark. You miss. Shark eats your cow...poor cow."

More recently...Command and Conquer, and Red Alert. Awesome RTS gameplay.

• 3 weeks later...
More recently...Command and Conquer, and Red Alert. Awesome RTS gameplay.

Agreed. I actually can't wait for Red Alert 3.

There's another game that just needs to be mentioned - The Incredible Machine. I just loved making all sorts of contraptions whose effect was leaving one cat permanently traumatized. :lol:

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have Diablo 1 and...parts of a diablo 2. And starcraft.

My old Apple Mac Performa 6300CD was about maxed out on its capabilities last I used it in 2003. Being limited as it was I only had mac os 7.5.1 and could not play starcraft. It could barely handle Diablo 1 but it was one of the best experiences I'd ever had for a computer game. Fond memories. Well worth it.

I loved the rogue, and started with the warrior...and perhaps I'll do the mage thing. Beating it at lv 16 was not easy to do. Had to exploit the bow and arrow character movement glitch.

My old macs monitor has long since bit the dust and I am currently acquiring an adapter to use another common monitor for this system's unique connector pinout. However, being that it is amongst the macs with the reputation of worst ever produced I am really wondering if it will ever work after ~6 years. Diablo was one of the best I ever had for mac. My vista PC is giving me no end of headaches with games, though. I have found a high enough compatible OS free to download.

I see that the most awesomme RTS of all time is not mentioned, BLASPHEMY.

Total Annihilation, with all the juicy expansions was my first RTS, and the oldest game I still play regularly, because it's gamelpy is so awesomme that the ONLY thing you'll miss from newer games is zoom.

That, and it has nuclear mines:p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived