Home

Sith Followers

GODKING

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha it's not that I really hate him ... is that ... he's too weak for me ... he is not the type of person that I see in a Sith ... dont know ... plus ... I dont see him in action ... he is always seating in his thrown.

Hi. Thanks for inviting me to this group. In regards to the Kryat question... I would say that the type of sith lords I like are those that truly deserve the power they take. Kryat has command, but I think he could easily be usurped by another.

The sith I really like are Revan, Palpatine, and Count Dooku. These three had a balance of almost every positive attribute in a sith. They deserved the power they had taken.

The type of sith I despise are Malak, Vader, and Yuthura Ban. These type of sith are usurpers that only had power because they cheated those that earned it. Although I like Yuthura Ban, she didn't make a very good sith because she preyed upon the weakness of others rather than earning power herself.

Welcome :) ... Yes ... I see you're point ... In the case of Malak,Vader, Yuthura and others ... well remember that is part of their belive ... by cheating or by taking the chance to become powerfull they will take it ... Palpatin did the same ... I understand you're view.

Matter of fact, that's exactly how Palpatin seduced Anakin. He preyed on his fears of loss. Malak's fault, as a Sith at least, was his cowardly manner of dispatching Revan. Not sure that there's an actual protocol as to how to take out your mentor, though. As re YB, if you don't have physical strength, I guess you have to use guile. Afterall, UW wasn't even going to kill his apprentice, he left that to you. Kind of weaselly, frankly.

The Sith belief is that the strongest always rules. Revan was, in my opinion, the greatest of them all... the Ghenghis Khan of the SW galaxy. But despite that, I think that the greatest force wielders are not Revan, Bane, and Skywalker... they are Juhani, Katarn, and Yuthura. I believe those that have faced the adversities of the galaxy all their lives make the strongest jedi and sith. Of course, that's my opinion.

But killing your master does not prove that you are stronger. Palpatine talked of how he killed his own master Darth Pelagius who could reverse death. (Pelagius was sleeping when he was murdered). Palpatine gives no indication except false promises that he himself can reverse death. Therefore the stronger sith did not win. This is the flaw in the system, because the strongest does not always win, leaving the sith ultimately weakened. Just my thought on this matter.

@DY: thats an interesting conclusion you came to, about the best force users, (probably a good debate will ensue among us sith) I would like to hear how you came to it, more specifically. I never would have thought of it like that, so I'm curious as to why are those three the better force users.

Another force user that I didn't include was the Exile.

These individuals have had to strengthen themselves or die. In struggling all their lives, they've prepared themselves to face any adversity. Juhani and Yuthura have seen the galaxy through many perspectives. They both know what it means to victims, the value of receiving aid from another, and what it means to provide aid to others. By taking on greater burdens, these two have been strengthened in ways that Vrook, Malak, and Atris haven't.

As for Palpatine, he had been trained to face his fears and lose everything he held dear by his master. He would fit into this category as well.

The Exile was stripped of the force and learned what it meant to live without it. She was strengthened in ways that other jedi were not because she had to in order to survive.

Kyle Katarn has been very concerned with his fear of falling to the darkside that he severed his connection to the force. When Jan Ores was 'killed,' he gave in to his anger and set out to fall to the darkside. When he was confronted with the possibility that Jan Ores was still alive, his anger quickly changed to hope.

These explanations may indicate that these are very strong individuals, but it doesn't mean that they are the best force users. I would argue that the individual's personality is a strong part of how the force is wielded. "The force is not inherently good or bad. It's how one uses it that matters."

I see what you are saying: these individuals have had life strengthening experiences that the so called greatest force users have not. Personality definatly plays a part in force use and these events have enabled these individuals such as exile, Yuthura, Juhani etc to make the wisest choices. This is quite true, they may not have the most force potential but they use every ounce of their abilities were as others do not.

As DU said, the force is not inherently bad or good, it simply is. Yuthura had witts and cunning and was just unlucky that one of the people she was trying to doublecross was Revan. Malak on the other hand, was supposedly the "Sith Lord" of the time yet he had the finesse of a drunk Gammorean. So, force weilders who have learned to best utilize their force potential are the most powerful and their experience helps them to make the best decisions. In a way it is more useful than raw power. Just my thoughts. Any comments?

Like that explanation. I've always hated Darth Malak because he should not deserve the force potential he possessed. If it means that he could've become much greater had he followed Revan's example... I suppose I can live with that.

This explanation actually is the best one I've seen that could explain what determines a sith or jedi's potential.

What attributes does this group of people(sith followers) like in a sith/jedi? Who is everyone's favorite character and why? What I say next is not meant for people to continue posting about, it's just to give my reasons for favoring a specific character. I'd like to hear other people's favorite characters and reasons for loving them as well.

I believe in the potentium force theory that there is no dark or light side to the force. The force is not inherently good or bad... it depends on the user to make it so. That's why my favorite character is one who is driven by emotion to fuel the force.

I favor Yuthura Ban because she is unique among all force users. She has a selfless passion that made her hate slavery to the point where she had to take revenge against it. It is still hate and anger that drives her, but she ultimately has a just cause. Unlike characters like luke, juhani, the exile, and kyle katarn, Ban had set herself out to ensure that no one else suffered as she had. I just love the tragedy of her selfless passion leading her to become the kind of person she despised.

I despise Malak most because he is just cruel, greedy, not prospective, and arrogant beyond reason. I hate every character that is arrogant in the SW universe because they think they have the right to do whatever they want and rarely consider middle ground on anything. There is almost nothing in the world that is absolute. Characters that don't realize that are the worst. Of course, that's my opinion.

Still like DV best, probably b/c he was the first. His fall, arguably like Yuthura's, results from his wanting to do something altruistic (prevent those closest to him from being able to die), but is twisted into something else (mainly due to insecurities, pride and impatience--the essence of youth :xp: ).

Not very well read on all the sith lords (by a long shot), but find Malak the most 2 dimensional of the ones I've seen.

Archived