Home

folding@teamLFN

ChAiNz.2da

My system/vid card was occasionally freezing up/hanging on project 5904 WU's, requiring I reboot to recover. Those are the huge ones worth 1,888 points. So I just installed 182.50 drivers to see if that will help alleviate the issue.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:swear: OK now EVERY time I start F@H it immediately shuts down and causes my screen to get all jumbled with colors (causing a hard reboot to get the system in working condition). Log file is giving me some nonsense about 'Unstable Machine' (my arse).

Has anything majorly changed that I'm not aware of?

I'm running 182.50 drivers with the nVidia GPU2 6.23 systray client (WinXP)? :confused:

Gonna do some searching, but if anyone knows right off hand, I'd muchly appreciate it :D

gday chainz :)

Have you double checked your cudart.dll is in your FAH directory? If it isnt you need you track it down(it sometimes strays into a hidden system folder 'app data' IIRC) Use windows search and make sure you have selected 'hidden files and system folders' to be included in your search

Also double check the obvious stuff too: make sure you have uninstalled previous clients/deleted their directories etc. If the client you have is the old 6.23Beta you need to get yourself the current 6.23

good luck - and welcome back !

Astro

hmm.. well i didn't have the cudart.dll in the F@H directory (Program Files) but it was in the appdata folder (Documents and Settings/user/appdata). However the shortcut is pointing to the Documents and Settings directory so I didn't think that would be a problem (but I'll try anyways..hehehe).

Setup my PS3 as well so at least I'll have that running while I figure out the GPU portion of it (better than nothing at least) :D

I'm running F@H from the shortcut that the install creates.. think it might be better to create my own?

Well after some twinking and slewing around a few empty threats and cursewords I *think* I'm back up and running. It started fine last night but crapped out on me around 31%, but after a reboot F@H downloaded a new core and started to run just peachy (for now). Managed to get at least one WU done before I left this morning.

Haven't checked on the PS3 status yet, but I can imagine it's slower than snot.. hehehe

Cross your fingers and hope my apartment isn't on fire when I get home :xp:

good to hear its up and running again chainz. That good ole 280GTX will see our team average crank us into the top 700 and onwards in no time :)

Funnily enough, Ive come across a wad of cash atm... but no GTX300 is out, and even if it were, it wouldnt fit in my shuttle P2 case. I'd have to resort to getting an intel based shuttle... or get a beefier PSU on an AMD model.... waahh *cries* :p

The PS3 = sortve the speed of an SMP client IIRC.

Also for those of you with an EVGA card, EVGA have a great overclocking app out called 'EVGA Precision'

The current version(last I checked) was 1.61(as of 1/4/2009)

see EVGA Precision site for full details

You usually need to register with EVGA to get it, but as its free and a tiny download [1.12MB], you can get it off creepy ole uncle Astro :p I'd experiment with it before you just crank to the max... The profile I have on in the pics below is as high as I want to take my 8800GTS. I could likely take core clock higher, but cranking up the memory clock will cause BSOD. I also would NOT recommend making it kick in at startup just in case you do get over exuberant and something goes wrong.

Best set a preset profile, and launch it when youre gaming etc. I havent used it in folding atm I must admit as Im folding for more prolonged periods now. I dont want my shuttle case to become a microwave oven :D The results in gaming have been great though.. running some games at 1900x1200 that ran choppily at 1080p beforehand. Havent tried it on 1600p capable games yet.

>>Click HERE to get to download, otherwise register at EVGA if you want to keep up with updates etc.

EVGA.jpg

mtfbwya

So far so good.. Folding remained steady all day and night. Seems I'm getting mixed WU's some rate at 8,000 - 20,000 so not sure what that's all about. Checked the log and it seems my system had a waiting period as well since there was 'no work' available. Finally downloaded a unit rated at 10,000 so it's cranking away on that atm.

Yah, EVGA Precision is sweet. Saved my bacon more than a couple of times (sometimes have to underclock to get certain things to run... go figure). Since my mobo is EVGA, I've already got an account over there so if you get tired of hosting Astro I can host as well.. just let me know :D

Seems I'm getting mixed WU's some rate at 8,000 - 20,000 so not sure what that's all about.

The ones with lower frame counts are 'special projects' which have the whopping assignment of 1888 points per WU. The constituent frames are larger, hence getting through 8K frames takes just as much as 20K frames with the smaller frame sizes. Im not sure what predicts their assignment though.

mtfbwya

Funnily enough, Ive come across a wad of cash atm... but no GTX300 is out, and even if it were, it wouldnt fit in my shuttle P2 case. I'd have to resort to getting an intel based shuttle... or get a beefier PSU on an AMD model.... waahh *cries*
lol So what're going to spend your wad of cash on then? :p

I don't have an EVGA card right now but I think there is a pretty good chance I'll buy an EVGA card the next time I upgrade.

Checked the log and it seems my system had a waiting period as well since there was 'no work' available. Finally downloaded a unit rated at 10,000 so it's cranking away on that atm.
Check it out! ChAiNz cleared the work queue! The f@h work servers can't keep up with his folding prowess. ;)

Heya gang,

I notice the Social Groups now have their own icons so I tried my hand at designing some:

Center:........................Center Border:

TeamLFN-Social.png.......... TeamLFN-Social_border.png

Skew:...........................Skew Border:

TeamLFN-Social_skew.png.......... TeamLFN-Social_skew_border.png

Any suggestions? Or would you rather we just keep what we have?

Anywho, I'm willing to work on one if you guys (and gals) would like. If you want to use any of the four shown, they're in .png format (120x120). Should be able to drag to desktop and upload.. or I can provide links for download. I also have the master .psd's should anyone care to take a stab at it ;)

250 isn't bad at all since you joined relatively late yesterday. It's actually pretty darn good. ;)

Looks like you'll be gaining a few ranks in a few days too if you keep it up :thumbsup:

http://kakaostats.com/t.php?t=140370

Are you running the CPU client or the GPU client?

Of course we're not in any sort of competition (within the team at least :xp: ) but yeah, any and all points we can keep adding is all the better for the team. We're slowly climbing the ladder ranks :D

re link: seems to be broken. All I get is a blank page atm. :giveup:

Welcome Tribbiani :) Yep, HardOCP are current number 1 team with their 20 million poinst a week and over 1000 users. Long ago I did a bit of folding with team #2 : OCAU(overclockers au) with the standard client, but a nice cozy team like teamLFN is much better IMO. It was like being part of a folding corporation over there... and indeed there are many corporate folding teams out there.. like EVGA and MS etc.

In a relatively short time we have made the top 1000, which is a great feat. Now with chainz back, and all our continuing contributions, Im hoping we can power on to the top 500 by mid year ;)

Of course, the rank isnt as important as the participation itself, but its good to know what your up to.

Keep up the great work team!

@Chainz... the icons are awesome. I really like the first one. Unless anyone has any violent objections, Im making it our group icon henceforth ;)

mtfbwya

Archived