Home

Anti-KoTOR MMORPGamers

Welp' you know the drill: Feel free to express your anger towards this rather stupid, lazy idea of the TOR project.

For one thing I'd like to share: I don't play MMOs. Never have, never will. WoW is part of the main reason why I have been put off the game-type, because of how addictive and ridiculously life-consuming they have become.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just found out about this MMO. This sucks. K1-2 took place 5000yrs before the movies. I saw a youtube vid that says this MMO takes place 3000 years before the movies. So its safe to assume Bastila, Revan, Carth, heck anyone we'd truly recognize and are familar with is gone. Yup this is Lucasarts thinking of the short term way of making a quick buck. Busines often thinks short term. As the saying goes if it isn't broke don't fix it. This MMO will divide the community and make many leave the KOTOR brand for the future in that true rpgers like us will not give them money in the long run for the game.

Think of it this way. If they say they have more stories to tell more than just K3, if they simply made consecutive games they'd make more money. But if they restrict themselves to simply making a MMO that has a certain engine then that engine is limited to that current time's technology. As games come out they have a more current engine. This MMO if out for years lik Galaxies will have a much less up to date engine in the long run. Lucasarts will make less money in the long run in that with MMOs frm what I hear for ones like WoW, if you do well enough somehow that means you don't always have to pay permonth. Same with this. So they lose money in the long run.

Also, when you have simply games and not an MMO, you will have cheats, cutscenes, a true ending, mods that don't require the other person to have the same mod in order to iீnteract with you.

I remember a TCP/IP game. To enter a modded server you the clint have to have the same mod as the server admin to enter that server. Like I said business often thinks short term not knowing they are by doing this splitting their fan base. Ambition can be bad as goodBut then again Lucasarts has always had a spotty history with games. Some blunders would include star wars chess which simply used the Star Wars name, Battlegrounds, and who can forge the star wars street fighter type game they made.

I bet Lucasarts hasn't thought that long term by doing this they've shortened the life of the community by this action.

From seeing games I've seen how sequels get canceled by technology getting too advanced for that particular game because too much time has passed to where that game can't keep up, companies planning to make sequels just get bought up and seel of their company to make a dollar and not care they've sold out their fan bae by doing so, and finally, prevented any future KOTOR restorations by doing this.

I have said a mouth full. lol.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

They aren't even being creative with TOR. They are basing everything and making everything look like Original Trilogy stuff. The Original Trilogy gets boring after a while and they are being lazy by making and basing everything in TOR on Original Trilogy stuff. Also there is probably going to be a bunch of noobs playing and they're going to take all the good names. That's what sucks about MMO's, once someone makes a name for their character you can't name your character the same thing even though you thought of it first.

• 1 year later...

Archived