Home

Old mac games? Anyone?

With emphasis on PC games...I feel that there is a sector of old compu gaming that got left out. MACINTOSH!

Here are some games which left me with fond memories--even if some are not all that great:

Mac pack game CD (several games which are knockoffs of older games)

Mac Man; Pac Man

Star station; Star Castle

Asterax; Asteroids

Dungeon warriors;Gauntlet

...and one more that I can't think of right now.

Lode Runner 2: Revenge (it had more to the title, just can't remember it right now) anyone familiar with lode runner will appreciate this sequel with all its hilarious innovations and new features...

Power Pete (a typical bird's eye view shooter similar to that of nes metal gear 1&2 and zombies ate my neighbors for SNES)

The Dungeon Masters series

DM and DMII: legend of skullkeep

(now downloadable for F.R.E.E. if you look for it I am sure--I've done it)

First person RPG. First of its kind. Gotta love customizable dungeon stuffs too.

Hell Cab...not a greatly fun game and little flexibility. Think like accliam's stillframe animations of real life characters in an obviously computer environment (that's 1997 for ya) but a little different.

Descent...the original, full arena environment, action shooter. Kicks muchos assius. Look it up. You won't be sorry if you play.

I would honestly say that Odyssey: legend of Nemesis is my favorite old mac game. It is a birds eye view R.P.G.

http://www.paranoidproductions.com/odyssey/index.html

http://www.paranoidproductions.com/

One HELL of a game. Even if its storyline is rather grim and morbid it is still one of the best I ever came across. I cannot reccomend this game enough.

Drop me a line--I know some stuff the walk through doesn't cover. Like Vex 5 and how to solve it. And some other things. So what are you waiting for if you have a mac? It's free to download and play.

I've had only mac games until the last two years, so I know most of what you listed. Rebel assault, the sequel, dark forces, prince of persia, armor alley, power pete, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Warlords II, Deadlock: planetary conquest.

I guess that all these games were not extremely popular compared to PC games, but they were all I had that worked on our ancient powermac G3.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived