Home

General Discussion

VOs will go into full production during the Beta testing. The dialogues are still getting tweaked and I don't want to have the person re-do VOs when it does not need to be done.

I'm in the middle of finishing pre-beat 2 and also patching up pre-beta 1.

The Demo will be released when it's done.

I hope to have some pics posted in the forum later this week.

Logan23

• 3 weeks later...
VOs for existing characters will probabely be a bitch, even if some will be just for cameos, good luck!

Because of this issue the cameos will be appearances or small VO scenes.

Unless we find someone who can do an amazing impression of any of the existing characters:)

Also there will be a new Modcast released before new years

VOs for existing characters will probabely be a bitch, even if some will be just for cameos, good luck!

Because of this issue the cameos will be appearances or small VO scenes.

Unless we find someone who can do an amazing impression of any of the existing characters

I doubt I could do "amazing"... but I might be able to pull off "similar" or "recognizable" and "not painful to the ears" for most of the male voices.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested?

Finishing up the samples. I am pleased with Atton.

Carth is a tough one to do. I think I pulled off "recognizable" and hopefully not "ouch that hurts, shut up!" lol.

Last one Im gonna try is Bao-Dur. He should be a little easier :)

Probably email them off to you before the weekend.

Finishing up the samples. I am pleased with Atton.

Carth is a tough one to do. I think I pulled off "recognizable" and hopefully not "ouch that hurts, shut up!" lol.

Last one Im gonna try is Bao-Dur. He should be a little easier

Probably email them off to you before the weekend.

That sounds great!

Having Bao-Dur and Atton would be a major plus and more freedom in how they interact in the game.:thmbup1:

Logan23 you said that Act1 would be done around January.Are you done with prebeta testing and started beta testing?

Act1 will be done when its done. I'm still working with the pre-betas but with the new members to my team including some more writers, this will speed up production as well as give everyone more content in the game and more polish.:)

There will be some new reveals this month which will help feed everyone's appetite or make you hunger for more info on Revenge of Revan.:eek:

^^Very confused by that last comment. I'm not sure what "position" is being referred to, but I can say that since I became a member of LF and this group, I have not left either of them... does that help?

I just finished the samples. I could spend another week on them trying to tweak and rework things, but they are just samples... that kind of effort would be more for actual dialogue if Logan decides that my work is worth including. As it stands, I don't think they are "bad", but I also make no bones about my skills as a sound editor nor is my equipment professional grade.

That being said, I am satisfied for the most part. I believe the samples are decent, and certainly better quality than some voice recordings I have heard. The real challenge was trying to mimick a professional voice actor's voice... heh... not exactly a fair test :p

I used 7zip to archive the files, and the archive is 2.7 MB. Sorta big for an email but I think it should still work, no?

I also gave Bigupload.com a shot.

Here is the address of the file (please note, for safety sake, I munged the link, so it cannot be clicked - it must be typed in replacing the hxxp with http):

hxxp://www3.bigupload.com/download_frame.php?id_file=9WI17NHAEH&mc=1

Your Carth and Bao-Dur are outstanding! I'm sure logan would definately consider casting you for those roles.

As for your Atton, i think it needs to sound abit deeper and alittle more monotonous.

The quality of the recordings are very good aswell!

Your Carth and Bao-Dur are outstanding!

I have to second that!

That was really good. You got their voiced down and hit the emotion of the scene.

I sent you an e-mail about the VOs.

Your hired to play all 3 parts. :thmbup1:

I will be e-mailing Bao-dur's lines to you this weekend:)

We will also talk about other characters in RoR that you might want to play.

Thanks

Logan

Thanks! Im glad you liked them. :)

I supposed I could have lowered the pitch on Atton, true. Out of all three, I spent the least time on his tracks. I felt they sounded close, and I didnt mess with them much. When I listened to them, I could easily recognize him... but I knew it wasn't dead-on.

I basically compared my tracks to all three characters to what I remember because I couldn't manage to open sound files from the game directly for some reason. I bet if I could have played my Atton, and then the real Atton right after I probably would have caught what you mention. Sorry about that :(

As for the monotonous part, can you explain a tad? I'm not questioning at all, I just want to be able to voice him better and I think if I can grasp what you are referring to, it may help.

My Carth was the one I felt was "off". Raphael Sbarge just has a certain raspy drawl that I felt like I was chasing but never able to catch up to.

The Bao-Dur was pretty easy.... but he is so soft spoken it was actually tough to record... I had to amplify it afterwards, and then had issues with background noise being amplified too... on one track even my breathing was amplified.

I noticed a couple tracks also have volume inconsistencies (not the same levels as other tracks). Not hard to correct if needed, though.

*VERY* excited to actually get the nod from Logan! I wonder what it will be like to play RoR and hear my own voice work.... I bet it will be really wierd LOL!

Amazing work, pal. I must say they are pretty awesome. I think you nailed all of them, for me the best you did is Atton. Just a bit more of practice with the interpretation and we all will forget about the little voice differences. I think they are very close, but I'll let Logan23 to play the role of voice director.

Great!

• 6 months later...

Archived