Home

Requests

This thread will be for members to make requests on what they would like to see in the game.

This includes characters, quests, items, etc. You might not see them in game but you might come across something that mentions a past event or person.

Members can also include what they wish not to see in forms of quests and characters, etc.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Creation system for lightsaber,armor and robes for TSL and possibly K1.

Quests involving characters from K1 and TSL.

Revan in Act 1

VOs for everyone including easter egg characters

A second Modcast with "more meat" in it.

Atleast one new module in Act 1.

More screenshots or pics of the TC.

To update your site about certain characters like the PCs childhood friend

More frequnt updates(but not about every single little thing you do)

Possibly hex the GUI to have the feel it's a new game.

And possibly the release date of Act 1(but not exact date but to be around the dates when it's gonna be released so it wont be spoiled)

I suggest a shorter modcast.

And I also think that you should do what I'm doing for my SC concerning modules. Only make small specific areas into brand new modules. Like a few areas in Arkania are reskinned and very slightly remodeled, but some small modules will be brand new. That way you get new feeling area, with minimal effort.

JM

• 3 weeks later...

One thing I think would be cool to see:

Does anybody remember final fantasty III?

Remember how Kefka was a bumbling, over-excited chump in the beginning? But then after defeat at the main characters' hands, he gets darker, more determined, and more serious eventually leading to him becoming a credible threat in the end-game?

I think an NPC enemy who is comically entertaining early on, gets humiliated by the PC (not necessarily intentionally), and channels their anger into becoming something fearsome for the PC to deal with later on would be awesome.

I agree with JM on the remoddled Ebon Hawk. In my mod, I'm completely redoing the Hawk. Across from the computer room near the cockpit, there is a mess hall, there will also be a lower hangar you can reach via stairs that holds a mini basalisk war droid. Another cabin will also be included that has alot of beds, about ten or so and it is also bellow decks.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of quests where the PC has to make some tough choices, regardless of whether they are Light, Dark, or Grey.

Choices where the consequences are hard to foresee, and none of the options are all that attractive, but a choice must be made nonetheless.

All the better if the repurcussions of such choices have both benefit and cost for the PC.

I and Logan23 have been playing a game called Dragon Age: Origins .

There was a choice where a city was in chaos because the last king had died. The king's 3rd son was fighting for the throne but his father didn't want to do this instead he wanted another lord that was the king's second to be the king. And i had to choose because i needed their help.

Point: I was wondering which to choose so I looked in walkthrough it said that to think as a neccesary evil for the greater good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like and hate quests that make you jump all around to complete.

Example 1- The Doctor accused of murder on Onderon. That was just a lot of running around and talking to people. The only fun was the cantina fight later.

The Sunry's trial in Kotor 1 was very similar, but had more character interaction. You actually had to discover the truth, and depending on what you discovered, it had a different effect in your game(light, dark, or even a planet wide discount).

Example 2- The Genoharadan story had you retrace your steps along all the planets and track them down, which led to a final battle. (I really liked this, even though I missed it my first play through. It felt like an added Mod to me when I found it later)

This quest, along with the Terentatek quest spanned multiple worlds and you could do them when you wanted to, and in any order.

Player Stuck-

Please don't have your pc stuck on every planet they go to. Kotor 2 had Peragus, Telos Station, Telos, Dxun, and Onderon. And if you play them in that order, you can't just turn around and go somewhere else.

Bao-Dur has nothing more to say-

Both Atton and Bao-Dur clam up halfway through the game. T3 had more to say then they did. From what I've read so far, your companions seem to have a lot of different opinions. And I don't think this will be a problem.

Could there be an option to talk to your team members and convince them to interact with each other(like on the Hawk)? Tell one member that it's not fair that this person is in the starboard dormitory, and they should do something about it. How about an option on where to put them on the Hawk, like when The Handmaiden first arrived, even though it didn't matter what you said. I'm all for roaming characters on the Hawk. Hanharr and T3 moving around make's the Hawk feel more alive. Kotor 2 had most everyone doing something, like the jedi meditating, Atton piloting, and Bao-Dur fixing. I know we cant go full out Oblivion with the Hawk and have everyone running around, but it was cool to see life in it.

Thanks

Agreed, player freedom is the key to success for RPG games, that's why KotOR 1 is more fun to play and more enjoyable, while on TSL you must play 50 % of the game as the creators wanted you to play. There are times when there is a reason for not leaving a planet, or forcing a player to one direction (crashing in Lehon or Malachor V, Ludo Kressh's tomb, etc) but that should be in very specific and necesary moments to help the story.

Hey Everyone!

The feedback and ideas/requests sound great!

I am taking all your ideas in and looking them over and seeing how they can help make RoR a better game and fix some of the issues we had with kotor2's game play, player's freedom, layout, and pacing.

Keep the request and ideas coming!

Logan

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

how about another contest?

Right now there is not contest but maybe later.

I would Like Bounty Hunter Missions Not know if there already going to happen though lol

There will be a few bounty hunter quests in the Demo.

Many of these will have a newscast article about the indirect effect of your choices during the BH quests.

I have a great idea.

Is Anyone here played Mass Effect 2?

I really liked the idea for Loyalty quests.

So here is the whole idea:

Warning spoiler

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
As much as you talk with your party members everywhere actually they will ask you for help at some point. You have to go to a certain planet to do the mission but the game will automatically choose the character that this person is related to(don't make 3 or 4 for planet because that could mess up the game). After you do the task either DS or LS way(some kind of way will make him more friendly opening a chance for a romance or make them hate you). But for any real result they wouldn't die on the last mission defending the ship, people or whatever but if you haven't there their loyalty mission they will die.

If anyone has other ideas for the TC please post.

I believe this is my first post in this Social Group so please be easy on me, guys!

1) Alien Voice Sets: One of the things that irked me in both K1 and K2 was how the limited alien soundsets were. I recall having to go through several conversations where I'd hear the same alien sound file play over and over again. Hopefully, you'll have have folks record new sound files.

2) Speaking of aliens. . .: Let's have all of the aliens/cultures from both games make an appearance. Let's just name them all shall we: There's the Bith, Jawas, Echani, Chadra Fan, Zabrak, the blood-lusting Iridonians (click the link), the Faleen, and . . .

well, just see these lists to give you and idea of the kind of variety we should be seeing

Species List for KOTOR1

Species List for KOTOR2

3) Mandalorians: Fear not, Canderous lovers - I'm not going to suggest kicking these war-like people to the curb. But seeing as I'm mentioning alien languages, there should be a nod that the Mandalorians have their own language. It may not be spoken directly to the player but conversations overheard between two Mandalorians should be at least partly in Mandalorian. For example, an argument in a bar might be in Mandalorian.

4) NPCs should move: Nothing screams mod to me more than watching the commoners just stand around and not looking like they are going about their lives. Have some pathing built in the public spaces so we'll see folks doing just that.

I doubt they'd have kids in Mando armor. XD You should let them know how old you sound before volunteering. I have a deeper voice, and might be able to pull off being an adult (I have in the past with TJK, SotE, TLO), but unless there's an "adult voice" that I haven't heard yet, you probably won't sound old enough to play anybody older than yourself. Don't worry, it won't be too long until your voice deepens. ;)

Archived