Home

Welcome to the forums!

Webmonkey

We finally have our own forums!

After much toiling behind the scenes, we were also able to resurrect the last backup of Lucasforums. Anyone with a user account should be able to log in with their old credentials.

We've made The Lucasforums Archive read-only for the time being. A window into the past, containing 15 years of quality forum talk. You voted for it so this is all your fault!

Have fun!

Going to start the forum drama early here by saying that I don't think we should move threads out of the archive but instead create new threads that link to old ones, if the desire is to point people to old conversations.

There are a few links in that thread that link to other posts or user profiles of the forum. Unfortunately they are still linking to the lucasforums.com URL, so none of those work.

Also many of the individual images were hosted on sites like Imageshack, Rapidshare or Megaupload, so those are obviously gone too.

The new thread will definitely host everything in one place (I think Mega will work well, plus Imgur).

Edited by Laserschwert

I found a smaller version of the photo, but it was good enough to clean up the Vader on the TIE Fighter poster. Those will be added eventually as well (once Limited Run Games have released and are done selling their CEs of XW and TF, which will include some of my restorations).

• Like 1

It’s awesome that your poster restorations are being used by Limited Run, but disappointing that they don’t have access to the originals! Are they lost? Should I be saving this discussion for the return of the poster thread?

Yes, I have scanned the original poster. Plus I cleaned it up and used some great AI models to make it look even better. But LRG did get the original source files for both the XW and TF main artworks from Disney, so they didn't need my versions (they are probably going to use my restorations of the expansions artworks though).

Crazy thing is, after all that trouble I went through to scan the TF poster (on my A4 scanner) and cleaning it up over the course of a few weeks, Jon Knoles casually posted the full-res source artwork (JPEG, but still) on Twitter:

So to answer Jake's question: It seems to depend. LRG getting the key artworks for XW and TF, but not MI doesn't necessarily mean that those are lost. But with the former being originally created digitally (and finalized in Photoshop, no less), those were probably readily available in some asset database at Lucasfilm. Purcell's MI artwork on the other hand - while hopefully properly stored away at the Lucasfilm archives - might require a trip down there, maybe a new scan to be made of it, or whatever. I could see Disney not putting much more effort in than checking said database when licensing out stuff.

Edited by Laserschwert