Home

Welcome to the forums!

Webmonkey

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi people!

Today, I've just come to the astonishing realization that Mojo had discussion forums again. My first thought, as you can imagine, was ignoring this newborn awareness and getting back to work. But something was off afterwards, like when you eat cheese without wine, you know? Or when you clean up the sink in the bathroom and leave the shower walls dirty. It's not right.

So anyway, I had a change of heart at the last minute and took it upon myself to actually register instead.

I've been lurking around the Mojo network since around 1982, I love all kinds of retro classics including those delightful LucasArts graphic adventures, I hunt down YouTube for obscure and rare interviews with fine folks such as Tim Schafer, Ron Gilbert and David Fox and put them on a loop when I go to bed. Let's see, what else? Oh, my dog's name is Chuck the plant. No, it's not. Just kidding!

Thanks for reading this wall of text and see you around this wonderful place!

• Like 5

On 8/11/2021 at 3:24 AM, Elle said:

Hi people!

Today, I've just come to the astonishing realization that Mojo had discussion forums again. My first thought, as you can imagine, was ignoring this newborn awareness and getting back to work. But something was off afterwards, like when you eat cheese without wine, you know? Or when you clean up the sink in the bathroom and leave the shower walls dirty. It's not right.

So anyway, I had a change of heart at the last minute and took it upon myself to actually register instead.

I've been lurking around the Mojo network since around 1982, I love all kinds of retro classics including those delightful LucasArts graphic adventures, I hunt down YouTube for obscure and rare interviews with fine folks such as Tim Schafer, Ron Gilbert and David Fox and put them on a loop when I go to bed. Let's see, what else? Oh, my dog's name is Chuck the plant. No, it's not. Just kidding!

Thanks for reading this wall of text and see you around this wonderful place!

Yes, it's quite a surprise we found time to put this back up. Too much new stuff on Netflix nowadays.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Heya! I'm getting reports of some folks trying to register an account here and not being able to receive a confirmation mail (independently from which mail provider they use), could you please check if there's an issue within the registration phase?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Thrik unpinned this topic

Hello, I wanted to introduce myself "briefly" :)

I'm Romain, 34 and I've been reading here for a few weeks now. But especially with the discussion about "Return" I feel the urge to join in the discussion from time to time. Who knows...

My Monkey history: I grew up with CMI in 1997, but I also learned to love the originals very early and I'm always open for new things. At the time I really liked EMI (but the recent playback deceives the opinion a bit - apart from the story).

It just has to work and be fun. But everything that isn't it doesn't ruin the rest for me either.

I'm looking forward to the exchange in any case and am curious about everything that still happens (these are exciting times for Monkey fans in the end :D)!

• Like 8

• 4 months later...

Hi!

I've grown up with adventure games; Curse Of Monkey Island is largely responsible for me learning English as a kid, along with the other Monkey Island games and some Humongous games, which made middle school English class a breeze a few years later, and now about 20 years later I'm still benefiting from that. Plus, one of the reasons I started learning piano a few years ago was because I wanted to be able to play the music from the Monkey Island games. That's just to say the Monkey Island games have had a big impact on my life.

I only found the Monkey Island games well after they released, except for Tales, but I've been lurking here since ReMI was announced. Thanks for all the thoughtful, interesting and fun discussions and analyses before and after the game came out, it really made me even more excited about this Return!

• Like 7