Home

The Ulimate Duel: Vader vs Maul: Who wins?

Guest Lord Tirion

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by darthfergie

Vader was NEVER defeated by Luke...EVER...sorry too bad...

Question where does it EVER say in any book that Maul is faster???

Please enlighten me...

Have you ever seen Return of the Jedi Ferg. It is a Star Wars film, you should see it sometime. In the final fight, Luke shops off Vader's hand and lightsaber, thereby defeating him.

Guest www.DSViper.com

he was a real sith u retard he used force abilities and luke did defeat darth vader and what did he get for his trouble a nice good electric shock

Guest DarkTrooper

Mual all the way and i will tell u why....

First he was beaten by a padawan but that was after he already had a battle against another knight so fatigue had to set in.

Second Maul has a Dual Bladed saber and agility

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Darktrooper

Mual all the way and i will tell u why....

First he was beaten by a padawan but that was after he already had a battle against another knight so fatigue had to set in.

Qui-Gon was a Jedi Master. And Maul beat him AND Obi-Wan. Maul beat Obi, it was only after the battle that Obi killed him.

Originally posted by Tie Guy

Have you ever seen Return of the Jedi Ferg. It is a Star Wars film, you should see it sometime. In the final fight, Luke shops off Vader's hand and lightsaber, thereby defeating him.

He wasn't a trainee at that time...He was a Jedi...Besides you cann't fault Darth for not killing his OWN son.

Also this Maul is faster stuff...give it a rest!!! They have better special effect in Eps. I!!! Vader is MUCH more powerful than Maul...so get over it!!!

1) He wouldn't have lost if he wasn't so overconfident and fatigue...HAH...

2) Double Bladed Lightsaber can be a pain in the arse. It is so big it is hard to manuaver in and out of tight situations. It got illustrated when the saber was choped in half...

3) AGILITY!?!?!?!?!? *lol* It is just special effects of eps. I setting in. That is it. Vader is much more powerful. Not much competition. I think SW Tales even cut it too close when they showed the epic Maul vs. Vader comic. Vader should have beaten the pulp out of him...they made it look close and didn't even consider the midiclorians...THEY MAKE THE JEDI!!!

BTW, Tie Guy a battle to the death is only over AFTER someone dies...:rolleyes:

Guest Tie Guy

He wasn't a trainee at that time...He was a Jedi...Besides you cann't fault Darth for not killing his OWN son.

Also this Maul is faster stuff...give it a rest!!! They have better special effect in Eps. I!!! Vader is MUCH more powerful than Maul...so get over it!!!

What would special effects have anything to do with how faster Vader or Maul are? That doesn't make any sense at all.

1) He wouldn't have lost if he wasn't so overconfident and fatigue...HAH...

2) Double Bladed Lightsaber can be a pain in the arse. It is so big it is hard to manuaver in and out of tight situations. It got illustrated when the saber was choped in half...

3) AGILITY!?!?!?!?!? *lol* It is just special effects of eps. I setting in. That is it. Vader is much more powerful. Not much competition. I think SW Tales even cut it too close when they showed the epic Maul vs. Vader comic. Vader should have beaten the pulp out of him...they made it look close and didn't even consider the midiclorians...THEY MAKE THE JEDI!!!

BTW, Tie Guy a battle to the death is only over AFTER someone dies...:rolleyes:

1. Well, its true

2. Why don't you ask Exar Kun how annoying a double bladed saber is?

3. Again, special effects have nothing to do with agility. Did you know that maul did most of his stunts himself. the only one he didn't do was when he jumped over that one gap. All the rest he can actually do, in real life, so he can definately do them better in the Star Wars Universe, special effects have nothing to do with it.

BTW, Ferg, there is no doubt that Maul could have killed Obi at any time. The battle was over. Obi jsut got lucky that Maul made the mistake of waiting and not throwing Qui-Gon's saber down the shaft too.

You at least have to admit that it would be close. Maul killed a Master and he was slod fighting with his apprentice at the same time. Vader killed a trainee, just because he was his son doesn't mean he didn't want to kill him. Remember when Vader throws his lightsaber at Luke and says "...then you will meet your destiny"? that means he is going to kill him.

Maul COULD have killed Obi-One...but no. His combat THINKING ability was failing miserably...

And as for Exar Kun...He said it was a pain in the arse...he like the double extended lightsaber better...After he had a few hundred years to consider it...

3. Again, special effects have nothing to do with agility. Did you know that maul did most of his stunts himself. the only one he didn't do was when he jumped over that one gap. All the rest he can actually do, in real life, so he can definately do them better in the Star Wars Universe, special effects have nothing to do with it

Yes but it does have something to do with how you PERCIVE his ability!!! You THINK he is faster. You THINK he has great combat ability. You THINK midiclorians have nothing to do with fighting a battle...The reason you think this way is because they couldn't do the super cool stunts and things in Star Wars trilogy so it looks like Vader is as slow as molasis....In Eps. I you see Maul do all the flying stunt, etc. So you naturaly think he is better. It is all a question of when the movies were made...it makes a mismatch. From early 80s to 2000...20 years of movie making techniques that were never encorparated back then. Especially in the eye candy depatment. That is all that battle was...eye candy...They didn't have that kind of eye candy way back when...

NOTICE THE BACKGROUND EYE CANDY...NOTICE THE CAMERA ANGLE EYE-CANDY YOU GET!!! They weren't able to do anything close to that even in ROTJ!!! If they could have they would have!!!

Guest www.DSViper.com
You at least have to admit that it would be close. Maul killed a Master and he was slod fighting with his apprentice at the same time. Vader killed a trainee, just because he was his son doesn't mean he didn't want to kill him. Remember when Vader throws his lightsaber at Luke and says "...then you will meet your destiny"? that means he is going to kill him.

couldn't have said it better myself, and if u think about it if darth maul was so strong imagine how strong darth sidious is

Guest Tie Guy

Maul COULD have killed Obi-One...but no. His combat THINKING ability was failing miserably...

And as for Exar Kun...He said it was a pain in the arse...he like the double extended lightsaber better...After he had a few hundred years to consider it...

Yes but it does have something to do with how you PERCIVE his ability!!! You THINK he is faster. You THINK he has great combat ability. You THINK midiclorians have nothing to do with fighting a battle...The reason you think this way is because they couldn't do the super cool stunts and things in Star Wars trilogy so it looks like Vader is as slow as molasis....In Eps. I you see Maul do all the flying stunt, etc. So you naturaly think he is better. It is all a question of when the movies were made...it makes a mismatch. From early 80s to 2000...20 years of movie making techniques that were never encorparated back then. Especially in the eye candy depatment. That is all that battle was...eye candy...They didn't have that kind of eye candy way back when...

And i suppose you KNOW exactly haow strong and fast they were and how much midichlorians help. You don't KNOW, nobody KNOWS. Thats why we are having this discussion. But if you can't decide who is better from the movies and facts (which mine are based on) then how can you decide it, on what you THINK the special effects have on a character moment and fighting.

Here's a perfectly legitimate reason why Maul is faster. Maul is younger, skinnier, and isn't made mostly out of metal. Can you imagine Vader juming around and doing stunts like Maul did in Episode I. No, you can't because he CAN'T do that. Maybe Anikan could, but Vader can't, he is to mechanical, and i guaruntee you won't see any kind of droid doing that.

Originally posted by Tie Guy

Here's a perfectly legitimate reason why Maul is faster. Maul is younger, skinnier, and isn't made mostly out of metal. Can you imagine Vader juming around and doing stunts like Maul did in Episode I. No, you can't because he CAN'T do that. Maybe Anikan could, but Vader can't, he is to mechanical, and i guaruntee you won't see any kind of droid doing that.

Yes I can imagine it easily...He is the most powerful Jedi you know:p Who says Vader is hindered by his robotic form???You can almost say he is BETTER!!! He doesn't care if someone is able to take off a hand...He cann't feel it he just swings that saber into their gut and kills 'em.

But if you can't decide who is better from the movies and facts (which mine are based on) then how can you decide it, on what you THINK the special effects have on a character moment and fighting.

Facts...yes...that is about it...In other words Vader has most midiclorians ever...even more than Mr. Emporor...

He wins...:p

Guest DSStarviper

He isn't stronger than the emperor the emperor IS the darkside as he put it in the books, he is extremely powerful, hell even yoda is afraid of him

Guest Lord Tirion

"Who ever made this thread was genius...major disscussion here...I havn't typed this much since... "

Thanks bro =P

I asked for everybody's opinions and there is no real answer to this debate, which is what makes this fun, but I can not help but roll my eyes Fergie when I read your replies. First off, you know I LOVES YA as a brother and you are a Nexsis Recruit, but it makes me laugh that you throw away cold hard facts that Tie Guy has thrown at you only for you to ignore it because it crushed your reasons as to why you thought Vader would win, while all the time you throw those same facts that you dismissed back at us your reasoning =P

Now for the others that liked Vader who said Maul is just a toy seller or its because it is current since TPM was made thus more ability in technology to make these movies faster and better: You simply cant go by that at all. All the reasons you typed out here just fly right out the window if that is the backing for your reasoning. Every thing that you see in a Star Wars movie no matter when it was made is now official. End of story. No ifs ands or buts. I understand if you grew up with Vader and he was your hero in some sort of way. All I am asking is if you can come up with an open minded point of view on your reasoning for such opinions. Like I said, there is no right or wrong on who would win, thats what makes this fun. ;)

Archived