Home

It's all about polls: favorite Sam & Max game

Remi

Pick your favorite Sam & Max game.  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your favorite Sam & Max game.

• Sam & Max Hit the Road
    • Sam & Max Save the World
    • Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space
    • Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse

I'm literally replaying HTR again for the first time in, I don't know, maybe decades (lockdown nostalgia). I have to say it's been SO much fun. I really forgot how enjoyable it is. And the animation is amazing. 

Just have to ignore the worst interface since Last Crusade.

I haven't actually played Devil's Playhouse, so I should give that a go straight afterwards I guess!

I made it a couple episodes into Beyond Time and Space but then life got hectic and I never finished it. I was out of the loop for most of what happened with Telltale afterwards...but I now find myself with a lot of time on my hands and the need to stay indoors...so my question is: should I still be able to access my purchased version of BTS (which was direct and not via Steam)? And would I still be able to access Devil's Playhouse? (I see it on Steam, but I've been burned before by something no longer working because the developer was gone.)

You can get all your purchases through TTG again -- I'm seeing all of mine, at least.

I can't speak for Devil's Playhouse on Windows, but it runs fine on macOS. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. Make sure to play all three seasons in order, though, to get the most out of them.

• Thanks 1

Favourite and "Best" are two different things for me, so BTAS is my favourite, mainly because I really got into the different locations of each episode, the Zombie Factory being a major highlight. TDP is clearly the better game, but exorcising an evil Santa or playing Cupid for Jurgen's monster never gets old. 

2 hours ago, OzzieMonkey said:

Favourite and "Best" are two different things for me, so BTAS is my favourite, mainly because I really got into the different locations of each episode, the Zombie Factory being a major highlight. TDP is clearly the better game, but exorcising an evil Santa or playing Cupid for Jurgen's monster never gets old. 

I agree. I consider Hit the Road the better game, but Beyond Time and Space is generally more fun to play. Music is great, too.

An update in case anyone was hoping to access their old S&M from TTG...

I was able to log back in and access the game files, download and install them, however, it won't let me run them. It says I need to log-in, but is not accepting my account information and then tells me to get a Code from TTG. I e-mailed them just to check and the response was essentially that they don't support this game at this time (but more indirect than that). 

If anyone has any suggestions, happy to take them.

I might go ahead an re-purchase and try through Steam - I suppose I can always return it if it won't work. 

My favorite story is The Devil's Playhouse. My favorite puzzles are in Beyond Space and Time. The story outweighs the puzzles IMO. The order of my favorites is, thus:

1.) The Devil's Playhouse

2.) Beyond Space and Time

3.) Hit the Road

4.) Save the World

Oh, and just for the heck of it:

5.) Poker Night 2

6.) Poker Night at the Inventory

57 minutes ago, Jenni said:

My favorite story is The Devil's Playhouse. My favorite puzzles are in Beyond Space and Time. The story outweighs the puzzles IMO. The order of my favorites is, thus:

1.) The Devil's Playhouse

2.) Beyond Space and Time

3.) Hit the Road

4.) Save the World

Oh, and just for the heck of it:

5.) Poker Night 2

6.) Poker Night at the Inventory

I'm just going to echo both of those lists.