Home

Share Your Content

Jake

12 minutes ago, Blondebeard said:

Also sharing mine. He actually sent me two versions: one saying just Monkey Island and the other with “The Legend of Monkey Island”.

6870217E-32C0-4E94-8CD0-135FFA454C3A.gif4114D594-FDB3-4E5D-B05D-E37DBD0C3CC5.gif

I believe the old SCUMM bar logo was also done by him which was also cool.

8EC54F1C-FCA4-485C-A736-94CB0D10EA32.gif

Yep, I believe I bot a bigger version of that one somewhere.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did a video version of the bloopers from the Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures datafiles that could be found using bgbennyboy's Telltale Explorer back when I was just starting to get the hang of video editing 10 years ago:

Then I did a mashup of The Wolf Among Us and Night Court (appropriate as Night Court is seen on the prince's TV in that game). This was done 4 years ago.

The Night Court intro, for comparison:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Two bits of news: firstly, the Tim/Manny fan art that I posted up there was included in the Double Fine 20 Years book, which I was very happy about!

Secondly, this is only tenuously Mojo-adjacent, but I do think it's something Mojo Forum readers will be interested in: Lair Of The Clockwork God is getting a Limited Run physical release for Switch and PS4! LOTCG is a game I co-designed, an adventure-platformer and the third game in the Dan & Ben adventure game series. The games regularly pay homage (or steal from) the old Lucasarts adventures, and the Collector's Edition reflects that:

LairoftheClockworkGod_Mockup_Market_Bann

A grail-diary-style journal full of lore and jokes and lovely art; posters, postcards and a pin with a bunch of exclusive art; physical copy of the amazing soundtrack; physical edition of the game in a trendy modern (reversible) cover and with a stupidly overwritten manual; all bundled up in a nice retro Big Box!

We put a ridiculous amount of work into this, I'm really hoping it does well. Check it out here (and please share)!

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/lair-of-the-clockwork-god

Edited by TimeGentleman
  • Like 5

Hey there,fellow AGS'er! Congratulations on your game development success. I have already pre-ordered your collectors edition. I was wondering if you also ported your previous two games to the switch to possibly be some hidden Easter eggs/games like DOTT/MM. But I can imagine the large amount of work it would take converting AGS to Switch code.

On 1/1/2022 at 2:51 AM, TimeGentleman said:

Two bits of news: firstly, the Tim/Manny fan art that I posted up there was included in the Double Fine 20 Years book, which I was very happy about!

Secondly, this is only tenuously Mojo-adjacent, but I do think it's something Mojo Forum readers will be interested in: Lair Of The Clockwork God is getting a Limited Run physical release for Switch and PS4! LOTCG is a game I co-designed, an adventure-platformer and the third game in the Dan & Ben adventure game series. The games regularly pay homage (or steal from) the old Lucasarts adventures, and the Collector's Edition reflects that:

A grail-diary-style journal full of lore and jokes and lovely art; posters, postcards and a pin with a bunch of exclusive art; physical copy of the amazing soundtrack; physical edition of the game in a trendy modern (reversible) cover and with a stupidly overwritten manual; all bundled up in a nice retro Big Box!

We put a ridiculous amount of work into this, I'm really hoping it does well. Check it out here (and please share)!

https://limitedrungames.com/search?type=product,page&q=clockwork*

This looks fantastic! Ordering immediately. 

On 1/1/2022 at 8:46 AM, Laserschwert said:

If only devs were able to include the Switch version of ScummVM, as it also supports AGS, if I'm not mistaken. Generally this would allow for so many ports.

As far as I know ScummVM’s switch version is written using the Switch home brew APIs, not Nintendo’s official ones, so it would never pass cert. And I believe there’s no real way for a developer to use it as a starting point to do an official port that uses the official APIs, because they’d have to publish their code publicly, which I believe would violate Nintendo’s agreement for how developers are allowed to use the official code. If I got the details wrong there I apologize, but that’s my understanding of the gist of it: It is a bummer. 

• Like 1

That's a great looking collector's edition!

I signed up for Nintendo's developer program a while ago and I had to sign an NDA that prohibits me from disclosing details of their SDK and API. That'd crash with the GPL, which ScummVM is licensed under, since it requires any published modifications to ScummVM to also be released in source code form. Back in 2009, Atari tried anyway and there was much lawyering: http://sev-notes.blogspot.com/2009/06/gpl-scummvm-and-violations.html

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the sentiments and orders, everyone!

Re. porting the AGS games to Switch, I'm fairly sure that Dan's stance on it would be "unless the entirety of what I have to do is click a button, then I can't justify spending time and money on it because it won't bring anything in"!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2022 at 10:51 AM, TimeGentleman said:

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/lair-of-the-clockwork-god

Hi all, sorry for the spamminess, but this will be the second and last time I post about this, because orders close in a week! Please get your order in by the 30th and/or promote it anywhere you think people will be interested. Thanks! :)

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Old news for some, but since I'm apparently new to this forum (so good to visit a real forum again!) here are a couple of my relevant Winamp skins. You can click the Webamp links to play around with them online without downloading anything.

Sam & Max, based on Telltale's game and their website at the time: https://skins.webamp.org/skin/b30e9850296ec14bd7db0bb222f9d292/sam_and_max_season_1_by_luigihann.wsz/

image.png

Day of the Tentacle: https://skins.webamp.org/skin/caba216aa93f4c3d995d6ba7ee03770e/day_of_the_tentacle_for_winamp_by_luigihann.wsz/

image.png

Strong Bad (technically not directly based on the Telltale game, but close enough): https://skins.webamp.org/skin/95df60f7546b7e69d5f38ab83d26203c/lappy486.wsz/

image.png

Some less-relevant ones in my gallery may be relevant to fans of other adventure games (I have Myst, Neverhood, and several Ace Attorney ones, along with more Homestar Runner ones and a million other game-inspired ones): luigihann User Profile | DeviantArt

I've taken a few stabs at a Monkey Island one, but none have quite clicked. Might be motivated to try again now. 

Edited by LuigiHann
adjust arrangement of images amongst text
  • Chef's Kiss 4