Home

The archaeological discoveries of the LucasArts projects

Nano

2 hours ago, Bagge said:

It’s pretty mind-boggling that LucasFilm games never did a Star Wars adventure game, but could have made a Star Trek one.

According to Noah Falstein (and plenty others LucasFilm Games alumni), mostly everyone was fond of Star Trek at that time in the studio. And concerning Star Wars, there was some various proposal for an adventure games but none has been validated.

I remember that Mark Ferrari put some SW Adventure Games art on his website. But when I asked where it came from, he answered me that it was just a proposal from an outside company that wanted to pitch a SW game. The project was never really considered...

UkJ6WWa.jpg X4pHdYC.jpg

Qsw1RXR.jpg hqNJ8Mw.jpg

A Star Wars adventure game would have been really interesting, but I feel like we might have been stuck with just Star Wars adventure games instead of all the original IP's if they ever started down that road. Still, that second screenshot in particular makes me very curious about what might have been.

That UI is crazy though! It's hard to imagine how it would have actually been played. Seems pretty different from what we're used to in the other games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The thing with the burnt-up body of a time traveler returning to the point where they started reminds me a bit of the "Heaven Sent" episode of the Doctor Who revival. But I honestly doubt it's anything more than just a genuine coincidence.

Edited by ATMachine

Notice the logo is suppposed to be cerise with a purple shadow (with a black outline instead on the side labels). On the published box it became simply purple with a black shadow, the same as in-game where there was only an EGA palette in the first release. Also, the "yellow" side label background color became more of a cream on the printed box.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2020 at 5:35 PM, Nano said:

Unused (partial) background from Secret of Monkey Island !!!!

There will be more if we believe this link (and if you've got Ten $) : https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-secrets-of-monkey-island-30th-anniversary-livestream-tickets-124486302883

MI.gif

Where did that background come from, I wonder? Surely not the shipped resource files? Does Aric Wilmunder have an older version stashed away somewhere? :)