Home

Your LucasArts (& co.) collection!

Rum Rogers

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2021 at 11:20 PM, Scummbuddy said:

As a follow-up to my previous post in this topic about official T-Shirts, the official Maniac Mansion T-Shirt just sold on eBay for $225.

zP2syat.png

UPDATE: The seller offered a second one that has just sold for $630: https://www.ebay.com/itm/284331013055

I guess there were a lot of people who missed the first shirt and then tried to get the second one.

36 minutes ago, Scummbuddy said:

Yeah, I thought my bid was going to be large enough to secure it. And my plan was just buy it, properly scan the art, and then resell this one shirt. Not this time it seems.

I could probably get a scan of the other shirt sold.

• Thanks 2

On 6/4/2021 at 3:20 AM, TRS said:

I found this old 2-paged ad from a magazine:

MM_ad.PNG

Noteworthy that as with the Nintendo Power preview, these screenshots are pre-censorship. You have to squint to make it out, but there's the "For a good time, call Edna" graffiti on the shower wall, and Ed's dialog about Fred having not "eaten" in years.

Good find!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Figured I'd run an update set of photos since I finally unboxed my games.

Also, fellow forum visitor created awesome custom Special edition MI en Tales boxes.

Also, Defenders of Dynatron.

IMG_20210820_130918__01.jpg

IMG_20210820_130958.jpg

IMG_20210820_131337__01.jpg

Edited by QueZTone
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I want to know more about these Special Edition boxes for 1-2, and Tales. I was looking to make a special slipcover for the Tales treasure chest box release, but I'm curious about these. Please, do go on...

And @Laserschwert , you tease! :)

Edited by Scummbuddy

6 hours ago, Scummbuddy said:

Yeah, I want to know more about these Special Edition boxes for 1-2, and Tales. I was looking to make a special slipcover for the Tales treasure chest box release, but I'm curious about these. Please, do go on...

And @Laserschwert , you tease! :)

Leandro made them using scans and probably Laserschwaert magic. I think he lurks the forums.

Here is some photos.

received_804996653709504.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go:

iPFIsIH.jpg

UGCa4iv.jpg

FP4uNqF.jpg

bZ3lEjo.jpg

dNey1n0.jpg

SOwjAwC.jpg

w9admMX.jpg

xVw1TFb.jpg

MPmUpat.jpg

BhJO0FG.jpg

FhuKNpl.jpg

So, this was basically a crowd-funded project a friend of mine and me did with a few collectors (only 30 boxes got produced). I did all the designs and layouts, aside from the map (which was drawn by the wonderful Cristina Urdiales, which I then digitally "aged" for the print). Also, the great CanvasQuest helped me to get the enamel pin produced, and you'll soon find it in his store as well. All the other artworks used are obviously not mine, but sourced from all over the Special Editions.

Edited by Laserschwert
  • Like 5