Home

Your LucasArts (& co.) collection!

Rum Rogers

That's come out really nicely. I always wanted to do something like this for tales of monkey island, using Steve Purcell's cover art. Were the boxes produced/printed by an online service or was it something more labour intensive? 

17 minutes ago, elTee said:

That's come out really nicely. I always wanted to do something like this for tales of monkey island, using Steve Purcell's cover art. Were the boxes produced/printed by an online service or was it something more labour intensive? 

Germany got a classic big box release for ToMI, but it was a limited edition.

We've used https://www.pack.ly for these, which are relatively cheap (and one of the few allowing for small print runs). Also, the boxes are only folded together, not glued, which makes assembly much easier.

By the way, no, I won't share any print files for this, as it would somewhat devalue the whole project.

Edited by Laserschwert

To everybody mad at not being a part of this: This was a project we really wanted to keep small to avoid any legal problems. Had we made this known on an international forum like this one, or even social media, it would have exploded in scope and surely would have been shut down by Lucasfilm.

Originally my friend only wanted to have big boxes to put the DVD case in, maybe adding a poster to it. But I proposed more goodies we could add, so it already grew bigger than expected. Packing and shipping 30 of these was a big undertaking in itself for a single person (my friend did that, I only designed the stuff), so having to do this for hundreds or more would not have been possible.

18 hours ago, elTee said:

I always wanted to do something like this for tales of monkey island, using Steve Purcell's cover art. 

If you are willing to take care of logistics of ordering, collecting the money and shipping them forward (as I imagine this might be crowd-funded through the forums as well), I'd be happy to design that box.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Laserschwert said:

To everybody mad at not being a part of this: This was a project we really wanted to keep small to avoid any legal problems. Had we made this known on an international forum like this one, or even social media, it would have exploded in scope and surely would have been shut down by Lucasfilm.

Originally my friend only wanted to have big boxes to put the DVD case in, maybe adding a poster to it. But I proposed more goodies we could add, so it already grew bigger than expected. Packing and shipping 30 of these was a big undertaking in itself for a single person (my friend did that, I only designed the stuff), so having to do this for hundreds or more would not have been possible.

I understand the risks of a project like that and the choice to keep it small circle. No worries. Thanks for sharing pack.ly, that's seems like an extremely affordable service.

Do you have any tips to share on first draft mistakes or oversights you might have run into with the design and final print?

Do you plan to share a poster scan/restoration of the special edition collection coverart? ; 

3 hours ago, Laserschwert said:

If you are willing to take care of logistics of ordering, collecting the money and shipping them forward (as I imagine this might be crowd-funded through the forums as well), I'd be happy to design that box.

That's a very generous offer - let me look into this a little and I'll get back to you. Like everyone else I don't want anything to get out of hand and have lawyers get involved! But I'm sure we'll probably be able to make something work. 

In fact, if anyone is interested in a TMI box designed by laserschwert could you just DM me? I'm not going to make a post for it or make any promises or anything right now, I'm just curious to see how many people would be interested (in addition to myself and laserschwert). I get a feeling the interest in this would be quite low, but let's see!

All of that work is wonderful and I am impressed (and a little jealous) of that map. :)

I'd also like us all to discuss the official Curse of Monkey Island map that apparently was only bundled in the Korean box release of CMI. How has that been so seemingly elusive in our community of Mojo discussion and collectors??

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7casu5MXJ5fzYwrIKMQpIn-2C1omdrODrGg&usqp=CAU

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, unfortunately there's nothing to find about a FOA pin in the old adventurer magazines. However, I'm quite sure that this pin was made before the release by LucasArts. I know the seller fand bought a lot of stuff from him, so I guess it's an official promotional item.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...