Home

Your LucasArts (& co.) collection!

Rum Rogers

And I'm also happy that this item was included in my order at that time:

After the grog beer of Escape From Monkey Island and the coasters I think that was the most reasonable decision to offer a suitable mug 😄

Edited by TRS
  • Like 3

Hey guys. As we're already talking about alcoholic related items ... does anyone here has those nice Sam & Max shot glasses that were also available at telltale? Would be nice to see them. 🙂

Edited by TRS

Ok, no shot glasses, but a bottle of grog beer. 😄

I heard that these were made for the game release party and ordered from a local brewery. If someone here has it too it would be great if you can check the name of the brewery on top of the cap to see if it's the same. 🙂

Edited by TRS

I’ll check my bottle, which is from that party. It wasn’t a team launch party for the game itself, but a release event for the PS2 version with some press and Dominic Armato in attendance, held on a sailing ship on the SF bay. Old embarrassing Mojo article about it here.

I was given a case of the beers which I kept for years and eventually sold a couple on eBay, but gave most away one day to interested co-workers at Telltale. 

Photo of the case of grog: 

02663DA5-91C3-4BDF-975C-02EF6EA01598.jpeg

I also have the Max shotglasses buried in my bar somewhere and will dig them out. 

• Like 1

Nice to know, thanks for that info Jake. By the way, did you see my PM? 😉

I got mine from a fellow collector in the UK, so interesting and long journey for the bottle (especially in terms of transportation of a alcoholic good). 😄

Edited by TRS

Here is another "bottle" (actually it's a tshirt) of a Monkey Island game, the special edition of Secret of Monkey Island:

I was told, that there exists also another version of the design where it's not called "Arrr! Root Beer" but "Grog" (without anything else). I saw this only once ... does anyone here has this item and can share it with a picture?

Edited by TRS

On 3/1/2021 at 9:49 AM, TRS said:

Here is another "bottle" (actually it's a tshirt) of a Monkey Island game, the special edition of Secret of Monkey Island:

I was told, that there exists also another version of the design where it's not called "Arrr! Root Beer" but "Grog" (without anything else). I saw this only once ... does anyone here has this item and can share it with a picture?

By the way - here is one for sale:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Monkey-Island-Special-Edition-T-SHIRT-BOTTLE-ROOT-BEER-Lucasfilm-NEW-RARE/254884701279

Edited by TRS

You're right ... the price is way too high for the shirt especially in terms of rarity. The Secret of Monkey Island longsleeve that is ultra rare to find went for ~$700, the Day of the Tentacle shirt for ~$200 ...

However, there's an option to make price suggestions! 😄

• Like 1

As we are already talking about high prices … 😄

From my postings you can see that I’m a big collector of that awesome merchandise stuff from LucasArts. I’m currently still looking for the „Day of the Tentacle cap“ – the last thing I miss in my dott collection. As I have a personal story with the game it would be great to get this one day.

I have amazing merchandise stuff from the 90s available to swap (e.g. Curse of Monkey Island Sweatshirt, Sam & Max pins from '92 Comic Con, etc.), but also budget if this fits better and I could offer $X for the cap.

So if anyone here has it or knows someone who has it I would be very happy to get a pm. 😊

Edited by TRS
  • Like 1

Finally I found it ... the original Sam & Max Booga Booga Tshirt from mid of the 90s! 🙂

Litte info on the edge: I heard that there were only made around 100 shirts in total as it was a limited edition.

Edited by TRS
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

LucasArts didn’t make that shirt as far as I know. Purcell printed it and sold it at conventions I think? It was also at the local comic book store in Petaluma, CA. That shirt is how I learned that I lived in the same town as Purcell as a teenager!

• Like 1