Home

Your LEC posters

Remi

We just posted a gripping account of Jason framing his Maniac Mansion poster. Now that you've caught your breath and recovered from such a harrowing tale, here's your chance to show off how your LEC posters look adorning your walls. (Yes, I know, we have similar threads, but this is Mojo's Home Interior thread.)

We'll start with Jason's.

Maniac Mansion poster

I really like the article, you dont get articles like that anywhere else.

I had Laser's Grim Fandango and MI2 posters printed in A1 and framed and they were glorious.

I say had because I took them down when the room became a nursery, apparently a skeleton smoking a cigarette and a massive zombie pirate stabbing a voodoo doll arent suitable for little kids.

• Like 1

I’ve got an original MI1 poster, from when they were sold out of The Adventurer. (I bought it on eBay, I wasnt old or cool enough at the time to buy one for myself.)

I also have all the different posters Telltale released, but they are not LEC posters!

8151736D-51CD-408E-ACF0-504CB61CC943.jpeg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jake said:

I’ve got an original MI1 poster, from when they were sold out of The Adventurer. (I bought it on eBay, I wasnt old or cool enough at the time to buy one for myself.)

I also have all the different posters Telltale released, but they are not LEC posters!

8151736D-51CD-408E-ACF0-504CB61CC943.jpeg

Damn that's beautiful.

17 minutes ago, Udvarnoky said:

Were Maniac Mansion and The Secret of Monkey Island the only games to get an official poster? Looking at scans of The Adventurer, I was shocked to find how many games got T-shirts. Nothing more stylish than a Night Shift tee.

Fate of Atlantis got a poster too.

Be careful though, many of those eBay posters are my versions. That FOA one could be real, but hardly worth it (I got mine for a hundred bucks a couple of years ago).

By the way, X-Wing got an official poster as well. I have a scan of that, but the print quality was very poor.

full20200819140500.jpg

I'll add proper XW and TF posters once my new thread opens.

Also Rebel Assault 1 and 2, Dark Forces, as well as Full Throttle had official posters too. And the Grim poster in my thread is a scan of an official poster as well. Steve Purcell's "Hit the Road" artwork at least got an official artprint (hanging on my wall, thanks to Jake for snagging it at some long ago SDCC and Marius for delivering it safely to Germany).

Edited by Laserschwert

4 hours ago, Laserschwert said:

Man, I'd love to have a scan of the official MI1 poster. Could you take a few close up photos of it? I'd like to check the level of detail...

I have no idea how to scan a poster this big, but in the meantime here are some crappy photos (its hard to shoot it well through the glass).

guybrush.jpg

elaine.jpg

skull.jpg

• Like 2

Oh man, that detail is so great. For a promo poster from the 90s that is a very detailed reproduction of Steve's brushwork. Then again, the FOA poster is of very high quality as well.

Scanning posters can usually be done in most copy shops, as they usually offer scan services for maps and architectural plans. I guess non-franchise copy shops are the better choice regarding scanning copyright protected stuff (the one I went to couldn't care less), although who the hell still knows what Monkey Island is? And an employee who does, would probably be happy to help out. SHOULD you be willing to do that, I'd be happy to clean it up and add it to the poster thread 😉 I guess this would be the absolute highest quality we could get of the artwork, save for the original.

And speaking of which, anybody willing to buy the Rebel Assault II poster I linked to above? I actually already bought it from that seller, but he said ever since the virus, shipping costs to Europe have skyrocketed (and they were already as much as the poster itself to begin with), so he refunded me. If someone in the US or Canada is willing to get it AND get it scanned, that would be a huge addition to the poster project!

Edited by Laserschwert
  • Like 1

On 8/17/2020 at 12:23 AM, Laserschwert said:

And speaking of which, anybody willing to buy the Rebel Assault II poster I linked to above?

Sure, I got it. I found a place in Seattle that does high quality large format scans, and have written them about scanning game posters. Hopefully they say yes. Assuming they do, I’ll bring it by once it shows up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are having a discussion on Twitter right now, trying to find out where this poster comes from (which I found a photo of on Instagram):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ef746MjXgAALIxk?format=jpg&name=orig

It's branded with the logo of the UK gaming mag "The One", but it doesn't seem to be a typical magazine centerfold poster (as that would just be folded in half and have staple holes). One user on Twitter, @TalviOnline, says, that she had the same poster but without the "The One" branding, coming with her copy of the game, and tucked away in the CD-ROM case. With the magazine being Amiga-centric, it would be weird to be included in the PC version of the game anyway, while the Amiga version came on floppies, so no CD-ROM case where this could have appeared. Judging by the creases, and using the CD-ROM info as an indication, this would scale this at roughly A3 size, which was confirmed to be the case for the un-branded poster by @TalviOnline as well.

So, any UKers here able to help out? This MIGHT provide a very detailed version of the artwork.

Edited by Laserschwert

Hey, UK Amiga person here. Seems pretty simple: This was supplied with an issue of THE ONE. I don't know why people expecting to see staple holes -- the scale of this poster is impossible to gauge from the photo.

The July 1992 issue promised a "GIANT Dune Poster!"

001.jpg

And here's that poster:

s-l400.jpg

Exactly the same number of folds as the MI2 poster. 

Edited by ThunderPeel2001
  • Like 1