Home

Your LEC posters

Remi

We still dont know what issue though do we? I looked through the front covers of most of them and although there were a few with posters inside, I didnt see any that refer to an MI2 poster. I suppose the poster could even be double sided...it could even be on the back of that dune poster.

3 hours ago, Bennyboy said:

It seems odd that they wouldn't advertise the MI poster on the cover, maybe I missed it.

I checked the covers of all the 1991-1992 issues and couldn't see any reference to it at all. It's genuinely mysterious!

29 minutes ago, elTee said:

I checked the covers of all the 1991-1992 issues and couldn't see any reference to it at all. It's genuinely mysterious!

I did the same, no go. I could have sworn I'd seen it back in the nineties. It could have been on the inside, I suppose  -- "in next month's issue!" All I know is that I never ended up buying it.

This may show the poster thats in that mag, I cant see a page that looks like the stuff hanging out in the mag itself. I dont think its the pull-out 'kill zone' section as thats black.

Anyway, I cant see this issue available to buy anywhere so this is pure speculation.

On 8/22/2020 at 9:28 PM, Bennyboy said:

This may show the poster thats in that mag, I cant see a page that looks like the stuff hanging out in the mag itself. I dont think its the pull-out 'kill zone' section as thats black.

Anyway, I cant see this issue available to buy anywhere so this is pure speculation.

Looks like that's the contents page. I guess the staples came out.

Screenshot 2020-08-23 at 23.32.39.png

• 2 weeks later...

Since my poster thread isn't on yet, I'll put it here: Anybody here able to provide me with scans from "Zombies Ate My Neighbours" and "Ghoul Patrol"? Boxes and manuals, anything can be useful.

I'm especially looking for the European box cover of GP:
grafik.png

And this one from ZAMN (the SNES and Genesis manuals especially, I already have the Sega Genesis cover):
grafik.png

Edited by Laserschwert

For ZAMN I already have a perfect scan of this:

maxresdefault.jpg

So I basically only need material to remove the Genesis logo on the lady in the front (and the SNES manual cover looks like the best chance).

Also I have a great version of the Ghoul Patrol US artwork, so I mainly need scans of the US version to get a clean version of the game's logo.

EDIT: I just snagged the EU SNES version of Ghoul Patrol on eBay, so that's covered.

And speaking of covered, I think I could use a version of the EU ZAMN artwork, without the kids' hands being covered by the logo. The SNES box seems to offer the biggest version of that:

Zombies Ate My Neighbors SNES Front Cover

With only the label on the Genesis version showing the complete tree:
Zombies Ate My Neighbors Genesis Media

Edited by Laserschwert
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone here got one of these on their wall?

full20190516214334.png

Hopefully there will be a reprint someday, as it is just spectacular. I forgot about it and then the edition had run out. If there's ever another game, I hope it takes its cue from these character designs.

1 hour ago, simonsoup said:

Anyone here got one of these on their wall?

full20190516214334.png

Hopefully there will be a reprint someday, as it is just spectacular. I forgot about it and then the edition had run out. If there's ever another game, I hope it takes its cue from these character designs.

I did get myself one of those and had it professionally framed with some really nice driftwood-style wood. It cost way more than I expected it to, but I was really happy with the end results. It's currently packed away right now as I am in the middle of moving houses, but I'll update this thread with a few pictures when I get the chance.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Udvarnoky said:

Anybody wanna buy this and scan it at some stupid DPI? I wonder if it would be a materially better source than a box.

Want to? Yes. Can do? No.  Luckily Laserschwert's poster art is darn near perfect.  I'm not sure if it can be topped. 

Yes please (assuming it's legit)! Though this is basically the same print as used on the boxes, right? Apart from it being flat and in probably better condition  than any boxes out there, it wouldn't give any improvement in quality. Also, how did it end up in Germany?

That being said, I can squeeze more quality (compared to my current poster) out of the existing material using modern tools, so it'll be updated eventually.

I could use a few more scans though. Does anybody here have the KIXX release of Zak? If the Monkey Island KIXX releases are any indication, the print quality might be better than on the regular boxes. I could also use a scan of the (black and white) manual cover, as that at least had a lot of the artwork intact. And finally scans of the regular box front would be helpful as well. I have a few, but most of them go blurry towards the edges, because of bend cardboard. If you can manage to scan it blur-free, I'll take it!

Edited by Laserschwert
  • Like 1

Well I've found my own rare LEC poster, it's from Argentina's version of Indy and The Infernal Machine. The poster is quite big, and frankly, I don't think it looks that good. It looks more like a promotional poster to put on the stores. 

Here it is next to the big box of the game: 

indy.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 9:11 AM, Laserschwert said:

Yes please (assuming it's legit)! Though this is basically the same print as used on the boxes, right? Apart from it being flat and in probably better condition  than any boxes out there, it wouldn't give any improvement in quality. Also, how did it end up in Germany?

That being said, I can squeeze more quality (compared to my current poster) out of the existing material using modern tools, so it'll be updated eventually.

I could use a few more scans though. Does anybody here have the KIXX release of Zak? If the Monkey Island KIXX releases are any indication, the print quality might be better than on the regular boxes. I could also use a scan of the (black and white) manual cover, as that at least had a lot of the artwork intact. And finally scans of the regular box front would be helpful as well. I have a few, but most of them go blurry towards the edges, because of bend cardboard. If you can manage to scan it blur-free, I'll take it!

I have a kixx copy of zak, I'll scan it in a couple of hours. I've got a few other things I've been meaning to scan too. 

• Like 2