Home

LucasArts Sountracks

Veda

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there is a plan to resurrect the old websites dedicated to LucasArts games Soundtracks. I accidentally deleted some of the soundtracks I've downloaded in the past and I cannot find them anymore.

Particularly, I am missing the FLAC version of the Sam & Max Hit the Road Soundtrack recorded from SC-55 by LogicDeluxe; maybe someone could help me find it/share it with me...

I think Zaarin had ambitions to do just that. Or maybe I'm imagining that. Either way everyone should start badgering Zaarin until a solution presents itself.

Meanwhile, I'm at work on an article about the Maniac Mansion Nintendo soundtrack. Dunno what the audience for it is besides me, but the cartridge turned 30 last month so I figured the timing was right for it. I want to see how many Maniac Mansion articles I can publish in a row before a violent response is provoked.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2020 at 12:03 PM, Udvarnoky said:

I think Zaarin had ambitions to do just that. Or maybe I'm imagining that. Either way everyone should start badgering Zaarin until a solution presents itself.

Meanwhile, I'm at work on an article about the Maniac Mansion Nintendo soundtrack. Dunno what the audience for it is besides me, but the cartridge turned 30 last month so I figured the timing was right for it. I want to see how many Maniac Mansion articles I can publish in a row before a violent response is provoked.

Maniac Mansion NES was the first adventure game I ever completed (Space Quest II was the first I ever played, but I never completed it until much later), so I'm always happy to see someone mention it.

Speaking of that, I've been collecting the Flashback dedicated consoles and managed to snag the Adventure Flashback Blast! for a good price on Mercari.  It contains games based on Disney and Lucasfilm properties, and surprisingly it also includes the NES version of Maniac Mansion.

I managed to talk to Ron and Gary at PAX East when I was working at the Double Fine booth, and Ron said that most people tell him that the NES was the system they used when playing Maniac Mansion.

It was awesome to finally meet them, as they're two of my inspirations (Ron for gaming and coding, and Gary for art - especially comic art).  Now if I can meet Tim Schafer (he wasn't at PAX East unfortunately, but I did get to work with Spaff), Steve Purcell, Michael Land, Michael Stemmle, Peter McConnell, and Bill Tiller, I'd be able to die happy.

Edited by Jenni
  • Like 2

We have the files collected from various backups. Afraid I can't help you with LogicDeluxe's recordings as we didn't host those.

Highland Productions is already available as that was mainly a MIDI-based site: https://highland.mixnmojo.com/

I plan to consolidate the various digital recordings under one site but there's still some work left on that. All my recordings were in the Ogg Vorbis format which never took off. I also have much better recording equipment now than I did 12 years ago so I intend to re-record my stuff and make it available in FLAC and MP3. That includes the complete Sam & Max Hit the Road soundtrack played back on an SC-55.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jenni said:

I managed to talk to Ron and Gary at PAX East when I was working at the Double Fine booth, and Ron said that most people tell him that the NES was the system they used when playing Maniac Mansion.

Hey, then I probably saw you there at your booth, just as I working at a booth katty-korner from Gary and Ron. It was hard to not just go hang out at their booth when I could see them all day.

But I'm afraid that I was fanboying over Ron too much and left Gary undeservedly without much praise. They were both kind enough to sign some of the Lucas boxes I specifically brought out to PAX East that year. Gary jokingly said "there'll be on ebay by tonight" and I said "No way! Straight to my game room wall!"

Screenshot_20201019-174543.png

• 10 months later...

My old MP3s were all encoded at 160kbps, which is hardly up to modern standards. Also my own arrangements aren't probably cutting it anymore either. Anything new I make already goes up on my SoundCloud (like my on going HtR soundtrack arrangement).

It's a bit sad that I had to get rid of all the SW and Indy music, because I probably won't be able to add them in a theoretical reboot of the site. After all it was a direct order (if a polite one) by Lucasfilm.

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...