Home

LucasArts Posters: The Revenge

Laserschwert

• 2 weeks later...

James Woodcock of Pixel Refresh interviewed me about the poster project, and for the first time I'll show a more in-depth look at my restoration processes. Also, this was my first appearance on a podcast, so I stumble over the English languange a lot. Still, I hope it's enjoyable!

https://www.pixelrefresh.com/game-gadget-podcast-25-restoring-retro-game-posters-with-jan-hofmeister/

• Like 7

Just watched it, very interesting! Thanks for sharing your processes, really cool to see!

Incidentally, if you're looking for a new entry to work on, I'd love to see a high quality recreation of the landscape 2D Full Throttle cover that Peter Chan did, using the various available sources:

ftartdesignearly3.png

The%20Adventurer,%20Issue%20No.%2008%20S

DqSj2tVV4AA2t4a?format=jpg

Edited by TimeGentleman
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I must ask I try make own Sam Max box replica... and want use

Road atlas artwork (Artwork taken from H.M. Gousha Road Atlas 1993)
But I see one thing I want make this version of box:
4016744-sam-max-hit-the-road-front-cover
So on top of box next to CHICAGO you see Rockford with 88 road... on Road atlas artwork (Artwork taken from H.M. Gousha Road Atlas 1993) it is 90 and 94 so 88 is missing... other Road Atlas??? for my own project I found this: http://www.vidiani.com/maps/maps_of_north_america/maps_of_usa/in_high_resolution_highways_map_of_the_USA.jpg 
Edited by Nfsfan83

• 3 weeks later...

Just got by mistake to your work, you are really the amazingst graphic designer i ever saw.. @Laserschwert
Thank you very much for sharing all this awesome pictures of games we love.. :)

Saw on the earlier pages that you even recreated the Marble from the Lucasarts Boxes which looks Amazing.. :)
Did you ever tried it for the Secret of Monkey Island? I have the feeling it looks different on every box :D

Would love to see this as a real art book, with interviews and stuff (via a Kickstarter, maybe?). Basically what Rogue Leaders did, but focusing on the box art. Also, if anybody, it should be the original artists to sign this.

Edited by Laserschwert
  • Like 1

Yeah, it was just a quick one-off. A German photo printing service ran a deal last week for 100-page photo books on the cheap, so I quickly cobbled some stuff together that I always wanted to have in book form. That's why it's just dumped in there, without a proper layout. I've also ordered one with all the DOTT backgrounds (from the Remaster's concept art gallery) and one with the background paintings from MI2 and my upscales of MI3, but those haven't arrived yet.

Edited by Laserschwert
  • Like 3
  • Chef's Kiss 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2023 at 11:36 AM, Laserschwert said:

I've finally added my new restoration of Mark Ferrari's LOOM artwork to the thread, plus the FM Towns cover artwork as a brand-new addition (both in several different versions). Does anybody here know who painted the FM Towns art?

QzKndkR.jpg

These look stunning!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...