Home

LucasArts Posters: The Revenge

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's finished, but since Limited Run Games are using it somewhere in their Collector's Edition (probably the book), I'll hold it off for now. Once pre-orders are through, I'll add it to the thread. I'

Thanks to a VERY generous collector, more stuff is in the works. Behold:

On another note, I'd like to show some comparisons of what I mean by updating existing posters. The improvements in quality result from a combination of a) having access to better sources and b) havin

Posted Images

On 31/1/2021 at 20:53, Laserschwert said:

Agregué la ilustración de la caja trasera de MI2 a la publicación principal:

Ub2z7x4.png

Waited for so many years, the art that I liked the most of all the lucasarts games, I thank you totally
  • Like 4

My pleasure! I always thought that artwork would be lost to time, as I've only ever seen it used on the back of the box, covered with text and screenshots and on those tiny auction photos. So finding out that it was used on the Korean manual, got me thrilled to find somebody who could scan it for me. And when I finally found someone AND it turned out that the art was also used on the Taiwanese manual AND that someone was able to scan both for me, I was beyond excited.

• Like 5

Scans of almost every issue of Lucasarts' magazine The Adventurer: https://archive.org/details/lucasarts-the-adventurer--magazine-complete

This probably isn't incredibly useful, but the reason I'm posting it here is that I realised that the cover of issue 8 is the source for that big Ben Throttle cutout that was talked about earlier. Personally I far prefer this cover image to the one used for the actual game packaging - I'd legit print and frame it if a cleaned up version was available.

This also solves who the artist was - Peter Chan! I replied to Tim's Twitter thread about it to let him know, not sure if he'll ever see it though...

(Issue 6 was the one that a friend brought back for me from a trip to America - I was very excited to see behind the scenes DOTT stuff and a Sam & Max comic - Surfin' The Highway hadn't reached my local comic shop yet!)

Edited by TimeGentleman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Wow! That’s a great archive! I only read about The Adventurer magazine, but I’ve never actually layed eyes on it! I scanned through issue 8, and I’m definitely gonna bookmark this one!
Looks like some great reads!

Thanks for the link, TimGentleman!

• Like 1

This reminds me that years ago I once attempted to scan all of the Adventurers myself, but with a scan-bed that was not large enough to handle the full-covers and the results were a hundred scans that needed to be properly stitched together and those edges were just a smear due to the pages lifting up at those folds. That effort was futile yet I doubt I ever deleted those scans.

This is nicer. :)

Excellent contribution, The Adventurer is the magazine that reminds me of those moments of glory from LUCASARTS, you only need N ° 14.

And the question that was never resolved, which was THE ADVENTURER 13, was it never released?
If anyone knows the story, share it.
regards

Adventurer14.jpg

On 2/6/2021 at 2:06 PM, TimeGentleman said:

Scans of almost every issue of Lucasarts' magazine The Adventurer: https://archive.org/details/lucasarts-the-adventurer--magazine-complete

This probably isn't incredibly useful, but the reason I'm posting it here is that I realised that the cover of issue 8 is the source for that big Ben Throttle cutout that was talked about earlier. Personally I far prefer this cover image to the one used for the actual game packaging - I'd legit print and frame it if a cleaned up version was available.

This also solves who the artist was - Peter Chan! I replied to Tim's Twitter thread about it to let him know, not sure if he'll ever see it though...

(Issue 6 was the one that a friend brought back for me from a trip to America - I was very excited to see behind the scenes DOTT stuff and a Sam & Max comic - Surfin' The Highway hadn't reached my local comic shop yet!)

Really, really great work! Many thanks for that, also the high quality. I really enjoyed it!