Home

Legend adds canons to your browser...

ThunderPeel2001

2 hours ago, ThunderPeel2001 said:

Obligatory attempt at flexing...

Screenshot 2020-10-04 at 20.55.42.png

That’s a really good score which means you already know that if you destroy 2 turrets will give you more points. You can get close to 400 if you get it in less than 30 seconds and only use 6 shots.

The game also includes another small easter egg (also included on the original mini-game). Only one person found it so far but he did it by looking at the source code. It’s the kind of easter egg that only ATMachine would know. Besides these easter eggs, it also includes some other minor details like leaving holes on the fort. Most of the game should be a pretty good copy of the original with a few exceptions. For instance, the pirates don’t cheer as long as they do in the original game when you hit the fort, but I couldn’t be bothered to fix it.

And the proudest moment of publishing the game was Jonathan Ackley sharing it on Facebook. He was most likely the one who did the coding of this part on the original game.

Edited by Blondebeard
  • Like 2

Do you mean

12 hours ago, Blondebeard said:

That’s a really good score which means you already know that if you destroy 2 turrets will give you more points. You can get close to 400 if you get it in less than 30 seconds and only use 6 shots.

The game also includes another small easter egg (also included on the original mini-game). Only one person found it so far but he did it by looking at the source code. It’s the kind of easter egg that only ATMachine would know. Besides these easter eggs, it also includes some other minor details like leaving holes on the fort. Most of the game should be a pretty good copy of the original with a few exceptions. For instance, the pirates don’t cheer as long as they do in the original game when you hit the fort, but I couldn’t be bothered to fix it.

And the proudest moment of publishing the game was Jonathan Ackley sharing it on Facebook. He was most likely the one who did the coding of this part on the original game.

Do you mean the Shift-V key to automatically win? I tried it and it didn't seem to work. (I went looking on Archive.org for what Mojo's World of MI hosted site said about secrets in CMI because their archives were ridiculously comprehensive.)

Another thing I recall from the original game is that the complaining skeleton pirates have different voices, depending on whose boat your cannon shot is nearest to. That doesn't seem to be implemented here.

Edited by ATMachine

Interesting, I actually didn’t know about the SHIFT+V short cut.

Regarding the aforementioned secret Easter egg I only found it after I looked into the disassembly code. I checked the World of Monkey Island and it’s not there. I think I saw it before somewhere on the web, but I am not 100% sure.

Edited by Blondebeard

2 hours ago, Blondebeard said:

Interesting, I actually didn’t know about that one.

I didn’t know about the aforementioned Easter egg until I found it while looking at the disassembled code. I looked at the World of Monkey Island and it’s not there. I was almost sure I saw it before somewhere on the web, but I am not 100% sure.

So not the LAPOSTAL that Benny already pointed out?

3 hours ago, ATMachine said:

Another thing I recall from the original game is that the complaining skeleton pirates have different voices, depending on whose boat your cannon shot is nearest to. That doesn't seem to be implemented here.

Good catch! There’s actually 5 or 6 different voices (not just one per boat). Since I don’t show the subtitles I decided I didn’t need it. Also the logic they use is a bit complex. Besides being randomised is also based on the cannonball proximity to the boats.

Edited by Blondebeard
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ATMachine said:

Is there supposed to be a special sound, like a tiger roaring or something? Otherwise I have no idea what the jungle Easter Egg is. Unless you're just referring to the cannonballs disappearing into the foliage without a boom or splash.

Yes, close enough, but not a tiger. It’s randomised so you need to try a couple of times.

I think that bit in the original game may be bugged in ScummVM - when I tried it I got an error message in the backend window about "can't play sound, too many ports".

EDIT: is it a stock sound clip of a screaming woman? I think I remember hearing that among the sound effects in DOTT or Sam & Max Hit the Road also.

Edited by ATMachine

23 minutes ago, ATMachine said:

I think that bit in the original game may be bugged in ScummVM - when I tried it I got an error message in the backend window about "can't play sound, too many ports".

EDIT: is it a stock sound clip of a screaming woman? I think I remember hearing that among the sound effects in DOTT or Sam & Max Hit the Road also.

That’s weird, it works fine for me. I tried in ScummVM and I got the women screaming. Not sure where the sound clip if from but it does sound like a stock sound.

1 hour ago, ThunderPeel2001 said:

I can't believe there's STILL easter eggs being found in this game...! I didn't hear anything in your JS port though. Will try on ScummVM. Crazy!

The probability of getting it is very low. Something like 1 out of 30. You need to try it a couple of times.

• Like 1