Home

Telltale's Sam & Max games getting remastered

Udvarnoky

I picked up the first season for PC and Switch, and it was glorious.  I'll be picking up the second season too - probably on both platforms, but definitely on the Switch.

The thing I liked about the original mini CD was that not only was it shaped like a record, but it had a record groove noise on the music as well. I thought that was a fun touch.

Edited by Jenni
  • Like 2

I'm very very excited to get this!! 

I had to restrain myself from buying the game digitally when it came out specifically because I knew I'd want to get my greasy little cheeto dust covered hands on this collectors edition and it did not disapoint!! LOVE the box, LOVE the banang sticker and I especially love that the card that you would originally recieve randomly out of 6 possible ones has been replaced with the whole set of 6 time cards! 

I'm constantly amazed with how Skunkape Games knows how to spoil the fans and how to make the new ones included. 💛 It truly feels like a chance for those who were not here for the original case files releases to catch up with the older fans who were there during the early telltale days. I cannot wait to receive it (hopefully) around christmas and experience this remaster with all of these goodies with me! 

Now to wait for the third one hehehe 😈

• Like 2

I've Pre-Ordered Beyond Time and Space but I'm not sure yet if I'm gonna get This Time It's Virtual because I already own it on Occulus Quest and I don't want to have to get another (way more expensive) VR headset just to play this version. Having a box is cool though. We'll see...I've got 4 weeks to make up my mind, haha.

4 minutes ago, OzzieMonkey said:

I've Pre-Ordered Beyond Time and Space but I'm not sure yet if I'm gonna get This Time It's Virtual because I already own it on Occulus Quest and I don't want to have to get another (way more expensive) VR headset just to play this version. Having a box is cool though. We'll see...I've got 4 weeks to make up my mind, haha.

You can just buy the PCVR box and play that version on the Quest.

10 minutes ago, Laserschwert said:

You can just buy the PCVR box and play that version on the Quest.

Wait, you can hook up the Quest to your PC? I just assumed you had to get it through its own online store which is why I got it that way initially instead of waiting for the Steam version. I wonder if this means I can play Rhombus of Ruin or any other Steam VR game for that matter...

16 minutes ago, OzzieMonkey said:

Wait, you can hook up the Quest to your PC? I just assumed you had to get it through its own online store which is why I got it that way initially instead of waiting for the Steam version. I wonder if this means I can play Rhombus of Ruin or any other Steam VR game for that matter...

Yeah, you can hook the Quest up to your PC to use it like any other headset. Works both wired via USB or per WiFi streaming. Both Oculus PC and SteamVR work fine.

Edited by Laserschwert
  • Like 2

Yeah the Quest has a link cable (though any fast and to-spec USB C cable will do) and can run SteamVR games or any other ad hoc VR apps (like if you’re doing game dev in Unity or Unreal). I don’t know if it has official wifi support but there is a cheap program called Virtual Desktop you can buy from the Quest App Store that lets you run your PC inside your headset, but that also emulates the Quest as a virtual device in SteamVR and will let it stream from your PC. You need good wifi but it works very well. 

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 4:39 PM, Scummbuddy said:

I'm curious to see their ideas for the case files for Season 3.

I ordered both of the Sam and Max boxers that went up for sale today. Looking forward to those and to the announcement of the Season 3 remaster!

The season 3 box is honestly the one I'm the most looking forward to because they don't have a case file to base it on this time so it'll most likely a brand new set of case file goodies! 

I like seeing people on the Sam and Max discord server talk and speculate sometimes on what the collectors will have, I'd personally be very happy with owning the soundtrack physically so that is one of my top most wanted things for it (I have the first 2 so I gotta get that 3rd one to let my collector brain rest). A figure would also be REALLY cool but those are harder to produce/doesn't really align with the whole "souvenirs from each episode" theme that the other case files have, so I know it's way less likely to happen. 

I'm probably gonna be weak of heart and buy The Devil's Playhouse Remastered digitally on the day of its release but whatever the collectors edition has, I'll still buy it, I just know it's something I'll want to spend my hard earned money on, Skunkape Games doesn't disapoint.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Scummbuddy said:

Have you not ordered the 2 Boss Fight Studios sets of figures of Sam and Max?

Oh yes I have, and I love them but there is a difference between action fgures and a figure that was made to have a specific pose and expression, to me at least. 

I guess I just want a chance to get a cool thing like the Symbiote figure from 2012, it's got such cool poses and has so much personality, if I had known what the internet or money even was when it came out I would have totally bought it without hesitation, my biggest regret in life is not having been born 20 years earlier lol. It's pretty impossible to get nowadays (unless you want to pay more than $1000 on ebay for it). 

I know it's a pretty selfish reason though, most people would probably be satisfied with the boss fight action figures. 

Edited by CalisDraws
  • Like 3

So I was able to pull the trigger tonight on the Switch and PC BTaS LRG big boxes and am planning to do the same with the TTIV boxes as well later this month.

If I can I may try to get the standard releases as well but so far they were sacrifices I had to make to make hopefully be able to this work with 2 titles releasing this way at the same time.

I'm glad to do it though, I really love these games, the memories of community that they bring back and the care that's been taken in their updating.

The eventual shelf full of Sam and Max stuff alone will be worth it 😉

Edited by Glokidd
Not StW, wow brain... know what you just spent money on
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Glokidd said:

So I was able to pull the trigger tonight on the Switch and PC StW LRG big boxes and am planning to do the same with the TTIV boxes as well later this month.

If I can I may try to get the standard releases as well but so far they were sacrifices I had to make to make hopefully be able to this work with 2 titles releasing this way at the same time.

I'm glad to do it though, I really love these games, the memories of community that they bring back and the care that's been taken in their updating.

The eventual shelf full of Sam and Max stuff alone will be worth it 😉

Dude, your passion and enthusiasm is infectious, I love it! 100% agree on the community memories, I joined pretty late around the time Tales was announced so I've only gotten a mere taste of it, but I stuck around in the shadows and with everything that's happening recently it really feels like the world of Mojo has made a comeback, and I'm here for it!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, OzzieMonkey said:

Dude, your passion and enthusiasm is infectious, I love it! 100% agree on the community memories, I joined pretty late around the time Tales was announced so I've only gotten a mere taste of it, but I stuck around in the shadows and with everything that's happening recently it really feels like the world of Mojo has made a comeback, and I'm here for it!

Thank you and I completely agree 😀 it's awesome to see the forum so lively and the fansites as busy as... well... the media trickle will let them be 😀 the explosion of fan content pumping new art, video content, etc has been amazing.

I watched a bit of the LRG Beyond Time and Space stream yesterday which was fun as well, I wanted Emily, Dan or Jon to take over gameplay though lol.

For what it’s worth, if you don’t mind opening the box, the standard console editions are inside the collectors edition boxes. Of course, you have to unwrap and open the box to get them out first!

8 minutes ago, Jake said:

For what it’s worth, if you don’t mind opening the box, the standard console editions are inside the collectors edition boxes. Of course, you have to unwrap and open the box to get them out first!

Oh Absolutely 😀 I really should probably just do that too lol, I just know whenever i miss something i either pay waaaay to much in the aftermarket eventually or dont get it at all, there is some stuff that I missed at the telltale store back in the day that i honestly might never be able to get without spending a fair amount and it literally eats at me lol. Dont even get me started on those Voodoo dolls... lol

I honestly usually end up opening these when they come in 😀 these days people have gotten so good at resealing there will be no real way to know the plastic is original unless it's become brittle enough to fall off anyway so I find it hard to really see the value in keeping the plastic on in a lot of cases. I ended up doing an unboxing video for the StW releases when they arrived and will likely do the same for these 😀 I was just originally hoping to get seperate switch copies to fill the slip cover but am prepared to use the one out of the big box if I need too