Home

Indiana Jones 5

Udvarnoky

Williams called Helena a "femme fatale" -- did he just give away she's secretly a bad guy? Can femme fatales be good?

Wonder how they'll address the marriage to Marion at the end of Crystal Skull? And Mutt's absence, as I doubt Shia is welcome on set? Jim Broadbent's university character? I'd put all at much better odds of returning than Sallah or Short Round or Willie Scott. And now I am rambling, but this might just be my favorite franchise of all time.

Just so long as Indy doesn't say "Somehow Belloq returned" we'll be fine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Captain Mystery said:

Williams called Helena a "femme fatale" -- did he just give away she's secretly a bad guy? Can b

femme fatales be good?

I don't think that has to mean she's a villain. A Femme fatale can be more than that. But it definitely means she's trouble (something I kind of expect from Phoebe Waller-Bridge 😁).

Wonder how they'll address the marriage to Marion at the end of Crystal Skull? And Mutt's absence, as I doubt Shia is welcome on set? Jim Broadbent's university character? I'd put all at much better odds of returning than Sallah or Short Round or Willie Scott.

My guess:
Mutt will be mentioned at best or not appear at all. LaBeouf has said enough negative things about Indy 4 and I don't think anyone will really miss him. His role was okay, but not breathtaking either (and I really can't stand the guy anymore...).
As for Marion, I'd be happy if she appeared briefly at the beginning or end, as they are married. But I don't need her in a major role again (and it doesn't look like it so far).
As for the rest, I have nothing against a reunion, but would really only be happy with Sallah - as long as it really makes sense for the story. I'm kind of sick of these cheap cameos, where someone waves into the camera again, just for the sake of it...

but this might just be my favorite franchise of all time.

I feel the same way about movie franchises (Star What?!). So I hope that they really got to make another great  Indy adventure! And so far everything looks very positive to me. I'll miss Spielberg of course, but Mangold is definitely capable and the cast is great as well. So let's hope! 😊

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Captain Mystery said:

Williams called Helena a "femme fatale" -- did he just give away she's secretly a bad guy? Can femme fatales be good?

Wonder how they'll address the marriage to Marion at the end of Crystal Skull? And Mutt's absence, as I doubt Shia is welcome on set? Jim Broadbent's university character? I'd put all at much better odds of returning than Sallah or Short Round or Willie Scott. And now I am rambling, but this might just be my favorite franchise of all time.

Just so long as Indy doesn't say "Somehow Belloq returned" we'll be fine.

I'd call Black Widow a femme fatale, and she was hero.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fizban said:

dude is to old to play action hero

It depends on what kind of action hero. I don't think we'll see an Indy capable of jumping around moving cars and tanks like in Raiders and Crusaide, but the movie can still have plenty of action and letting Indy have his usual badass moments, without him being this super buff dude who solves all his problems by punching people (not that Indy ever was like that).

I'm actually wondering if the movie is going to address Indy's old age and him still having these wild adventures.

Cristal Skull kind of did with some moments that were mostly played for laughs, but maybe in this new movie the whole conflict could be "Everybody tells Indy he's too old for adventuring, but he's too stubborn and wants to continue, because it's been his whole life"

23 minutes ago, BillyCheers said:

Dune Part Two? Oppenheimer? Fabelmans?

Haven't seen Dune, don't care. Another biopic? Nah. Fabelmans might be interesting, but it hardly excites me. I guess the last time I've been excited for an upcoming movie was The Force Awakens, but that's been pretty much driven into a wall. TV Star Wars got me more, but let's see if they can match Mando S1/S2 with either S3 or Andor/Ahsoka. BoBF and Obi were quite underwhelming for the most part 

I guess Indy gives me the most hope to see one last hurrah to classic 80s/90s cinema.

Edited by Laserschwert

7 hours ago, Laserschwert said:

Haven't seen Dune, don't care. Another biopic? Nah. Fabelmans might be interesting, but it hardly excites me. I guess the last time I've been excited for an upcoming movie was The Force Awakens, but that's been pretty much driven into a wall. TV Star Wars got me more, but let's see if they can match Mando S1/S2 with either S3 or Andor/Ahsoka. BoBF and Obi were quite underwhelming for the most part 

I guess Indy gives me the most hope to see one last hurrah to classic 80s/90s cinema.

Yeah, fair enough.
Villeneuve’s and Nolan‘s movies are the only ones for me, that really excite me in cinema, when I think about it. And those are completely different than those big 80s/90s movies, For sure. Endgame could have been a big event for me, but I wasn’t really into Marvel back then – and even now… i don’t know. To me it all lacks heart.

The Mandalorian was greatest to me, when they didn’t try to connect the story to the rest of the SW universe… 😒

For most of the first two seasons it felt unique and kind of standalone - but still like Star Wars. 

Hmhmm, let’s see what Indy 5 will bring us. It’s still unbelievable, it’ll finally come to theaters. 😅

Oh man, so: I enjoyed Crystal Skull a lot back then. But I remember liking it because I didn‘t want to dislike it. I defended it mostly because hating on it bummed me out.

I should watch it again, it‘s been ages.

I do like the fridge though, it‘s so outrageous it makes me happy they went for it. I especially liked the end image, Indy looking at the mushroom cloud. Talking about realism bores me to death.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Marius said:

Oh man, so: I enjoyed Crystal Skull a lot back then. But I remember liking it because I didn‘t want to dislike it. I defended it mostly because hating on it bummed me out.

I should watch it again, it‘s been ages.

I do like the fridge though, it‘s so outrageous it makes me happy they went for it. I especially liked the end image, Indy looking at the mushroom cloud. Talking about realism bores me to death.

Back then I really, really hated it. Much more than it deserved. Nowadays, I’m much cooler with it. It’s a fun adventure movie. With a lot of flaws, sure, but it’s totally okay.

Never understood the big problem with the fridge though. It's a bit over the top, maybe, and didn’t feel like Indy. But in the end, the movie had bigger problems than this scene. And it’s kind of fun to watch. 

• Like 1