Home

Indiana Jones 5

Udvarnoky

On topic: I kinda dislike how good the trailer feels. It gives me goosebumps seeing Indy on a new adventure again, and the setting looks fresh, inviting and very true to Indy. Harrison Ford at 80 is doing fan-tas-tic! I don’t know how he does it, but I believe every punch he throws and every action he’s in! Even de-aged Indy I think looks pretty good, even though I dislike the technique with a passion. The only thing that bothers me is the “clean” look the digital filming process gives it. It’s a huge difference compared to the 35mm film the original 3 films used.

All in all I’m still really sceptic about this film, but the trailer gives me good vibes.

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to clarify that while I hate the movie title (but maybe that'll change after seeing it) I am totally on board for another Indy film and have been loving Mangold dispelling rumors to the trolls even though they keep "looking deeper". I hope he doesn't become jaded from all of this.

I have been enjoying trying to make the connections to Fate of Atlantis but I'm going to try and enjoy this movie as it is. I would also see another movie with a different actor playing Indy. Too bad we lost River Phoenix too young.

18 minutes ago, Jake said:

Excited for Indy to realize the final challenge - the titular Dial of Destiny - is a giant code wheel he must pass through before the big reveal: he’s inside a video game. 

What will his reaction be like? “Oh no, not yet.” or “I have a bad feeling about this.”? 🤔

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Staple Remover said:

That tv spot was somehow 100x better than the first trailer. The music and energy felt just like the other movies. 

I have to agree here. Of course, finally proper Williams music (sounds like it could be from the new score) helps a ton. But my god, Ford's "Are you still a Nazi?" is SO well delivered. How can this short spot hype me so much more than the teaser did?

• Like 2
  • Chef's Kiss 1

Though all the attention’s been drawn to the de-aging effect on Harrison Ford for the 1944 prologue, Indy’s nemesis Jürgen Voller (Mads Mikkelsen) will similarly be appearing in both eras of the story. Thought it was interesting to compare the character’s two “looks” as glimpsed from the promotional media.

1944 Voller

full20230216221556.jpg

full20230216221603.jpg

1969 Voller

full20230216221608.jpg

full20230216221614.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Movie looks fun. Not 100% sure it feels like an Indiana Jones film (to the point where the return of the main theme during that trailer felt almost out of place) but it seems likely to be enjoyable in its own right.

I had for whatever reason bought into the theory that Phoebe Waller-Bridge's character would be a relative of Marcus Brody from past films, but it looks like that's probably not the case. Makes sense to connect her to a new character they can shoot flashback footage of. Will be fun to see how that all plays out. 

Not sure if there would have been time for them to add him into this film, but fingers crossed that Disney now has their eye on Ke Huy Quan as they ponder the future of this franchise.

1 hour ago, Jake said:

Man that poster would look much better with some version of the original logo. 

What your eyes see is irrelevant, Jake. You just need to humble yourself to the reality that they know better.

Interesting that in the end, the Paramount logo made the cut on the one-sheet. Does the mountain dissolve gag live after all?

I like the trailer. Sure, opening it with Ford waking up in his chair seems like a cruel reminder of him sleepwalking through his movies over the past 20+ years. And intercutting the theme with “Sympathy For the Devil” is... a choice. But overall, looks fun!

I wonder how many trailers have used that needle drop over the years. Has to be in the trillions. That's probably in the area of what UMG charges for it, too.

Tropey as it is though, I can see them trying to establish the 60s in terms that blunt in the actual movie, to hammer home the "Indy is out of place in this era" aspect. It's right in line with Spielberg bringing Indy into the 50s with "Hound Dog."