Home

Return to Monkey Island

Rum Rogers

1 hour ago, KestrelPi said:

I'm constantly surprised by how funny this is:

Write a sarcastic back of the box blurb for Return to Monkey Island:

"What do you get when you cross the fourth wall, a talking pirate monkey, and Tim Schafer? The answer is: a whole lot of nothing. That's right, in Return to Monkey Island, you play as Guybrush Threepwood, a washed-up pirate who has to save his wife from a bunch of monkeys. With gameplay that consists of picking up bananas and saying 'Argh!' a lot, this game is sure to provide hours upon hours of mind-numbing fun."

It's got the Mojo tone down perfectly... who needs to WRITE reviews?!

Edited by ThunderPeel2001
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ThunderPeel2001 said:

It's got the Mojo tone down perfectly... who needs to WRITE reviews?!

I have to admit, I was curious:

x1f9c0t.png

seems legit

and...

RgriD81.png

Wow, they really DO know us

Edited by KestrelPi
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 2

20 minutes ago, Toymafia88 said:

* the waiting game *

Now that's a post that would have belonged in one of those patented "waiting threads" on the Telltale forums. Back then, we gave users 24 hours timeout on episode release days when they cried "IT'S OUT" even though it wasn't. Ahhhhh fun times. 🙉

No news means they're pretty busy getting this game done, I swear. The announcement is juuuuust around the corner, I can feel it! 

And even if the ReMI buzz is short lived, for one sweet sweet moment when I looked up Dave Grossman on google and twitter, the first results gave me the excellent game designer and not the less than excellent "I train cops to be killers so what" dude.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, KestrelPi said:

Here's my ridiculous prediction for the interface:

Ron's decided to go all the way back to text parser for Return to Monkey Island, with GPT-3 driving it so that it can interpret most of the things you type. 😉

I don't care if the whole game is an extended Monkey Kombat sequence, I just wanna know more about the game, dammit! :p 

Edited by OzzieMonkey
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KestrelPi said:

Here's my ridiculous prediction for the interface:

Ron's decided to go all the way back to text parser for Return to Monkey Island, with GPT-3 driving it so that it can interpret most of the things you type. 😉

Delores: A Thimbleweed Park Mini-Adventure was made two years ago as a prototype for RtMI's engine. I wouldn't expect Monkey's interface to be drastically different.

• Like 1

At the very least, we know there's an inventory, or at least some way to use items with the environment, given Ron's tweet about the bug with using the lamp in the galley. I'm very curious about what changes (if any) will be made to the dialog system aswell. 

Of course, these questions could all be addressed with a simple gameplay preview... 

...I'm losing my mind a little bit. 

9 minutes ago, KestrelPi said:

Don't read too much into this, because, as he said after the Devolver showcase:

I found the Reddit thread this is from and Dom is actually just responding to the question posed by the OP which was "are you also going crazy from not hearing more news about the game" so all this means is he is just as desperate as us...impressive since he still knows more than we do 😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OzzieMonkey said:

I found the Reddit thread this is from and Dom is actually just responding to the question posed by the OP which was "are you also going crazy from not hearing more news about the game" so all this means is he is just as desperate as us...impressive since he still knows more than we do 😂

Yes, sorry, I thought that he was answering to the Pax West thing.
This waiting is killing me :D

• Like 1

This is almost as bad as when the first episode of Tales dropped. 

Right now it feels like Ron is deliberately holding back... but it's probably just because we're so anxious to learn more that every second feels like an hour. I bet the timeline is actually typical for indie games.

OR... Ron is going to do something really audacious and go: "It's out tomorrow... GO!"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Toymafia88 said:

I almost feel like Ron is taking great pleasure in us losing our minds. 😆

Eventually he will reveal it really was a April Fools joke all along and there is no game.

That would break me. There's still a part of me that won't believe this game is real until I'm playing it.

• Like 2

One thing I didn't really notice until rewatching the trailer is that at around 17 seconds, you can see the ghost lady's head rotating almost three-dimensionally. I wonder if that's just neat trickery using advanced features of the puppet model, or if the game's engine actually supports some basic 3D elements.

I do have to say, it would be interesting if the reason we haven't seen any images of Guybrush so far is that I'm actually right in my crazy theory about the Secret of Monkey Island being that Guybrush is actually female. (Or "the Secret of Monkey Island is that Elaine is actually a guy", as one of the Flight of the Amazon Queen developers put it, just turned around 180 degrees.)

4 hours ago, ATMcashpoint said:

I do have to say, it would be interesting if the reason we haven't seen any images of Guybrush so far is that I'm actually right in my crazy theory about the Secret of Monkey Island being that Guybrush is actually female. (Or "the Secret of Monkey Island is that Elaine is actually a guy", as one of the Flight of the Amazon Queen developers put it, just turned around 180 degrees.)

Maybe LeChuck uses some voodoo curse and Guybrush and Elaine swap bodies? 

So Dom would be voicing Elaine in Guybrush's Body.

Could be fun dynamic with Le Chuck.

Edited by Toymafia88

10 hours ago, OzzieMonkey said:

That would break me. There's still a part of me that won't believe this game is real until I'm playing it.

Oh man that was me in 2006 when Telltale said they were making a new Sam & Max. I was on edge until the game came out. 

• Like 2

The game's probably finished by now, they'll just have to hold it back another three months until they can get the German voiceover done so we'll stop whining all the time. 🇩🇪

Errrr nothing to see here. Just some persistent negative thoughts. Move along. 🙈

• Haha 4