Home

Return to Monkey Island

Rum Rogers

Otis is an unexpected return too! Guess it's possible he'll have the same voice actor as well.

Man, by the time this game is out, some of these voice actors will have been voicing these same roles over a 25 year period! How many of them at the time must've thought that Curse/Escape would just be a one-off gig!

Edited by fentongames

2 hours ago, Lagomorph01 said:

He sounds a bit more mature this time around, like he's seen the world!

He's, uh... heh... also in his mid-40s these days, which might have as much to do with it as anything 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

I did really think the next trailer would give us a date. I expect this means one of two things.. either it's pretty soon and they just want to DROP it on release day, or, more likely it's a bit later on in the year and they're not ready to say it yet. So November-ish is now looking a bit more likely to me.

I'm letting it slowly sink in, and what I love about it is how piratey and dynamic it really is! I just came off CMI, and everything felt a bit stiff this time around. This has so much more life! Of course this is only a trailer, but I love all the different dramatic angles, ambient lighting and effects! I'm really, really psyched!

Two things that may or may not have already been said, as I've lost track of this thread.

1) One scene is near identical to a piece of concept art (that I can't find right now) from the cancelled movie.

image.png

2) The "Marley Foundation" -- whatever it is, it gives me strong MI1 vibes.

image.png

Okay, so when the announcement first dropped I had decided to start letting my beard grow "playoff beard" style until the game came out. Yesterday however after a heat wave was killing me I decided to shave it and now today we have the trailer. Sorry guys, I think my juju backfired lol. Cursed beard of silence... begone!!!!

Enough of that silliness now though, the trailer is wonderful and has so much to glean from it, everyone looks incredible!!!!! Wow I am excited 😀

Also I agree that November seems more likely now, im rooting for the 2nd as that's my birthday lol and I can't think of a better way to spend my 40th. I of course hope for before then as well as I can't wait 😀

Looking forward to the pirate politics. They were sort of just ‘there’ in MI1, but I guess now we’ll find out how the (Supernatural?) pirate leaders fit into the overall leadership of Melee Island, along with the judge and the Governor, who may or may not be Herman Toothrot.

7 minutes ago, Thrik said:

Looking forward to the pirate politics. They were sort of just ‘there’ in MI1, but I guess now we’ll find out how the (Supernatural?) pirate leaders fit into the overall leadership of Melee Island, along with the judge and the Governor, who may or may not be Herman Toothrot.

Clearly Guybrush will be investigating Republic trade routes and blockades. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum...er...I mean...Herman Toothrot's leadership

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Rum Rogers said:

02.a9414fe0.png&w=1920&q=75

There are so many animals in this game, I love it!!

Hey so, it looks like we play as Elaine at some point, but... looking at this image: What if we also can play as LeChuck? I'd love that!

• Wow 2

Looks so epic. Guybrush and LeChuck finally fighting one-on-one in a swordfight! I have wanted this type of fight for so many years, especially after seeing Guybrush's skills against Morgan. 

Also, I really hope the negative comments don't get Ron down and he sees and hears the excitement and positivity. This looks incredible to me and I can't wait! 

Edited by demone
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Manny said:

Why does Guybrushs Nose look like a P&%§?

EVERYBODY's nose looks like a Pehampersandpercentparagraph. It's just that in the real world, we've all learnt to look away. There's a reason why the Japanese animation styles often just draw their characters without one.

1 hour ago, fentongames said:

Otis is an unexpected return too!

OH MY GOD his nose looks like a Vquestionmarkdollarsignasterisk!!

30 minutes ago, demone said:

Looks so epic. Guybrush and LeChuck finally fighting one-on-one in a swordfight!

I feel like a final variant of the swordfighting insult paradigm is in order.

Edited by Vainamoinen
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Manny said:

Why does Guybrushs Nose look like a P&%§?

My though exactly! But I guess, I'll get used to it. I really like his desingn, exept for the nose....

Anyway, the trailer looks amazing!!!

• Like 1