Home

Return to Monkey Island

Rum Rogers

Considering that the game has been rated (T) hopefully that means it shouldn't be too far off! I think late summer could be likely.

Also looking over that opening with the scrapbook. I wonder if that's how the game will actually begin, or at least be along these lines, cutting back to the scrapbook occasionally in-between acts. The game kindof being told in flashbacks with an "older" Guybrush looking back on his journey of discovering the secret could be an easy way of instituting time-skips in the game.

Perhaps Act 1 takes place directly after MI2, and at the end of Act 1, narrator Guybrush says "and so, my quest to discover the secret began. The next twenty or so years were filled with a number of... interesting things... but I never veered from my path... Almost. There was a talking demonic skull at one point, a barbershop trio, chain restaurants, a giant walking statue, a fangirl mercenary, a big sponge... amongst other things... but at long last... after years of searching... I finally had a new lead on the secret..." and the game picks up in the post-Tales world.

Also, man, the colour palette of the game is fantastic. Plus the motion in each of the screens really makes the world feel alive. And people are comparing it to MI1SE's art?! No way. This is ten times more cinematic, fluid, alive, visually pleasing, and... well... finished looking... than anything we got there!

• Like 4

Some wild kneejerk speculation based on the new blerb on the Steam page. RTMI takes place exclusively within the "Dimension of Infinite Pain" that LeChuck was supposedly trying to send Guybrush to in MI2's ending sequence. The eponymous "infinite pain" not being so much one of physical torture and mutilation, but an insidious psychological torture of trapping the person in a world where they're at rock bottom, as the blerb says "adrift and unfulfilled".

7 minutes ago, roots said:

Some wild kneejerk speculation based on the new blerb on the Steam page. RTMI takes place exclusively within the "Dimension of Infinite Pain" that LeChuck was supposedly trying to send Guybrush to in MI2's ending sequence. The eponymous "infinite pain" not being so much one of physical torture and mutilation, but an insidious psychological torture of trapping the person in a world where they're at rock bottom, as the blerb says "adrift and unfulfilled".

That pretty much much sums up my life lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Staple Remover said:

It looks like the game will be picking up right at the end of EMI where Timmy the Monkey monkey-kombats Guybrush off the cliff!

9B803D1A-2614-4555-8A72-A64DF7AFF77B.png

Crazy theory time: what if it's another Guybrush? He says "there can be only one" and just yeets him 😜

• Haha 2

SUPER HAPPY!

And yes, I think I’m someone who’s up for a spoiler free thread. (Or maybe a separate spoiler thread.) I played MI2, CMI, EMI and TMI without knowing anything about them. I think I’d like ReMI to be the same. 

I’ve waited 20 years for this game. I can wait a few more months without knowing anything!

1 hour ago, Toymafia88 said:

@Marius did you have some insider knowledge of when the trailer was going to drop? 😄😉

Just find it interesting the trailer drops right after your animation releases. 😂

Say 1 grog for yes, 2 grogs for no. 😂

Once they say Marius’ animation they had to release the trailer to stay relevant. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Ugh. Listen, uh. Ron did another blog post too and unless you would like to be sad, don't look at the comments.

Apparently people really didn't get the memo last time.

Maybe I'm just optimistic but I really thought more people would get it when they saw it properly in motion. And then when I saw the trailer I thought 'yes! This is exactly what I was hoping it would be able to show about the art style'.

I'm trying not to pay any attention to these people but it's not even that they have a different opinion it's that they're either extremely rude about it or they say things that are literally nonsense like 'it looks too corporate'

what ... does that... even mean... in the context of these visuals??

Sorry. I refuse to engage with this anywhere else, now, so I vent here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KestrelPi said:

Ugh. Listen, uh. Ron did another blog post too and unless you would like to be sad, don't look at the comments.

Apparently people really didn't get the memo last time.

Maybe I'm just optimistic but I really thought more people would get it when they saw it properly in motion. And then when I saw the trailer I thought 'yes! This is exactly what I was hoping it would be able to show about the art style'.

I'm trying not to pay any attention to these people but it's not even that they have a different opinion it's that they're either extremely rude about it or they say things that are literally nonsense like 'it looks too corporate'

what ... does that... even mean... in the context of these visuals??

Sorry. I refuse to engage with this anywhere else, now, so I vent here.

actually the majority of the comments are quite encouraging.