Home

Internet Chat Rooms

KestrelPi
Message added by Jake,

While it's been said the Mojo Forums should be enough for any discerning fan, some prefer to have their online discussions in real time. Here's a thread to talk about (and recommend) places you can find folks chatting about LucasArts, Monkey Island and other Mojo-adjacent topics.

A few mentioned so far:

LucasArts Adventure Fan Discord, mentioned by @Glokidd

#monkey-island on DALnet but Discord Instead, mentioned by @KestrelPi

38 minutes ago, KestrelPi said:

You know, I've been thinking.

All this is almost reminding me of the old days, but not QUITE.

It's almost as if...

What this discussion really needs is #monkey-island on DALnet but on Discord instead.

image.png

https://discord.gg/HWc6nvWX

Haha. There is a pretty popular LucasArts Discord that a bunch of people on here use. There’s even a Mojo one somewhere I think.

I like to keep to the BBS. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thrik said:

Haha. There is a pretty popular LucasArts Discord that a bunch of people on here use. There’s even a Mojo one somewhere I think.

I like to keep to the BBS. 

There is a Mojo one! But people very rarely talk on it. It surprises me a little, because I feel like Discord is the natural evolution of everything that little DALnet community was.

So I created this new one SORT of as a joke. But also, if people like it enough, I'm not against making more of a modern version of what we did back then on DALnet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KestrelPi said:

All this is almost reminding me of the old days, but not QUITE.

What this discussion really needs is #monkey-island on DALnet but on Discord instead.

All we need ist MOAR THREADS like in the Golden Times of Online Discourse. 🥨*

* The pretzel stands for pretzellence

Edited by Vainamoinen

1 minute ago, KestrelPi said:

There is a Mojo one! But people very rarely talk on it. It surprises me a little, because I feel like Discord is the natural evolution of everything that little DALnet community was.

So I created this new one SORT of as a joke. But also, if people like it enough, I'm not against making more of a modern version of what we did back then on DALnet.

One I reccomend (totally non self-promotionally despite me being a Mod there) is the Lucasarts Adventure Fans Discord (I'm sure Mike doesn't mind me leaving a permanent invite here on mojo, anybody interested are welcome and a lot of us are already there)

• Like 1