Home

Unpopular opinions

22 hours ago, BaronGrackle said:

Was there a great dialogue-based puzzle in Grim Fandango? Little things like convincing Glottis to be your driver come to mind, but I don't recall a moment of major dialogue challenge.

Getting the Metal Detector from Carla would qualify as a dialogue puzzle! It’s also pretty hilarious!

1 minute ago, Lagomorph01 said:

Getting the Metal Detector from Carla would qualify as a dialogue puzzle! It’s also pretty hilarious!

Yeah, similar to ending "A Pirate I Was Meant To Be". In both of those you can end things early, but it's more fun to drag it out until the correct option is the only one left!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BaronGrackle said:

I wish some of Secret of Monkey Island's contemporaries had gotten modern rerelease treatment. Add a sucker punch option, and Last Crusade is good to go!

I'm convinced that all Last Crusade would need is MI's improved interface, better dialogue hint clues (and maybe an easier fight system/sucker punch option) and it would be far better regarded. It's fun!

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

This may not be a unpopular opinion per se, but this is where this thought fits in the best, I think:

Monkey Island fans are some of the luckiest in the world!

Why? We have two great games as a base, three really good sequels that are fun and never really boring (you can argue about the story here and there). If you compare that to other game series where there are really bad sequels in between, we've been pretty lucky, I think. And now (TODAY!) we get a sequel from the actual creator, which will reveal the two biggest mysteries of the series.

But wait, there's more! :stan2:

In all games we have solid to fantastic artwork, the same main composer with great working partners by his side, great voice acting without replacing the main character etc.

And all this over a period of more than 30 years, with no oversaturation (so far), so that every new game was/is an event. Not to mention this great community here!

All of this brings me to the conclusion: Yes, we Monkey Island fans are pretty lucky!

• Like 1
  • Chef's Kiss 7