Home

ReMI ramp-up

Remi

Which games are you replaying in preparation for ReMI?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Fess up!

• The Secret of Monkey Island -- playing it OG
    • The Secret of Monkey Island SE -- is it AS bad as you remember it being?
    • Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge -- only the best
    • Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge SE -- only the best, just not quite as good
    • The Curse of Monkey Island -- was "more slaw" actually a line in the game?
    • Escape from Monkey Island -- the underrated gem
    • Tales of Monkey Island -- because who doesn't like fun?
    • (Thimbleweed Park -- it seems appropriate, all things taken into consideration)

47 minutes ago, ThunderPeel2001 said:

Am I misremembering?

I have read only 47% of the book and I've already spotted a few more things. Some of them are simply "similar" to elements of the games and one has become a specific key object used by Guybrush.

9 minutes ago, LowLevel said:

I have read only 47% of the book and I've already spotted a few more things. Some of them are simply "similar" to elements of the games and one has become a specific key object used by Guybrush.

A rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle?

Please list the things you find!

4 hours ago, ThunderPeel2001 said:

Other than the name LaGrande appearing (which is also where Ron Gilbert is from... La Grande, Oregon), the mixture of pirates and voodoo, and (I think) some mushrooms mentioned in the voodoo world?, I didn't spot much.

Am I misremembering?

It's hard to say with some thematic elements, but I hesitate to talk about them while a poster here is reading Tides for the first time.

13 hours ago, ThunderPeel2001 said:

You can definitely feel it in ScummVM. I actually remember it being worse on my native PC back in the day. DOSBOX or DREAMM should also have an accurate representation of it... Definitely a good excuse to boot both games up either way (and maybe try DREAMM -- something I haven't had a chance to?).

I asked Larry Ahern: