Home

ReMI trailer expectations

BillyCheers

ReMI trailer expectations  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are you most excited for in a new ReMI trailer?

• Hints at the story
    • New gameplay elements (controls, inventory etc.)
    • Look & feel of the game (animations, lighting etc.)
    • Guybrush’s new look
    • Locations (old and new)
    • The music
    • The release date
    • Announcement of different platforms
  2. 2. What do you think we’ll actually get in the trailer?

• Guybrush’s new look – How will he look as a sprite and in cutscenes?
    • LeChuck’s new look – Will he be more CMI-goofy or MI2-creepy?
    • LeChuck’s new voice – Will it be … muy Boen? (🥁)
    • Known characters – Will Mancomb Seepgood finally return?
    • Known locations – Mêlee and Monkey are pretty safe. But what about Spoon Island?
    • New characters – What’s the role of the delivery ghost?!
    • New locations – Will there actually be a frozen island? (And can Guybrush … let it go?)
    • Story elements – What about those symbols on Mêlee Island?
    • New gameplay elements – Will there be a “Fix” verb again?
    • The release date
    • Announcement of different platforms

I thought we could discuss our expectations for the next trailer a bit more deeply (and seperately from the other thread). As a basis here’s a little poll.

Personally, I am very excited for the overall look & feel of the game, but just a bit more curious for Guybrush’s new look. What about you? 🧐

Edited by BillyCheers
  • Thanks 1

I'm hopeful that we'll get a better idea of the story, especially as far as the canon of all the games is concerned. Also, as much as Ron may want to keep a lot of the plot under wraps to maitain the surprise for fans, he needs to give new people to the franchise some incentive to jump on board with the rest of us. Having said that, I also think that the highlights of whatever is shown next will be Guybrush's appearance along with whatever the new interface is, so they got my vote. I would LOVE to hear LeChuck's new voice too, but I have a feeling we'll be waiting for the game to come out to hear that for the first time.

Edited by OzzieMonkey
  • Like 1

I think they're going to skirt around how the carnival stuff connects to the rest of the story since I expect from what we've heard so far that's a cool story moment that they don't want to reveal

So I think the trailer will just reveal more about the vibe of the game and how it looks and feels in motion. I think it'll be short, and very non-spoilery.

1 hour ago, OzzieMonkey said:

I would LOVE to hear LeChuck's new voice too, but I have a feeling we'll be waiting for the game to come out to hear that for the first time.

I think so too, unfortunately. Although it might  be important to show the antagonist for non MI fans ... I'm just really excited about LeChuck's design! And just showing him, while not letting him talk could be weird.

12 minutes ago, KestrelPi said:

I think they're going to skirt around how the carnival stuff connects to the rest of the story since I expect from what we've heard so far that's a cool story moment that they don't want to reveal

Yeah, maybe they’ll tease that moment for a few seconds, but they won’t reveal anything I guess.

I just hope they don’t spoil too much in general. For me, seeing Mêlée Island and the catacombs of Monkey Island was already a bit too much. And I really wonder, how many islands we’ll get. Only Mêlée, Monkey and "just" one more could be a bit few, since we already know them... 

20 minutes ago, KestrelPi said:

So I think the trailer will just reveal more about the vibe of the game and how it looks and feels in motion. I think it'll be short, and very non-spoilery.

That's probably the safest bet, Anything else would be the icing on the cake. At this point, whatever they show I hope the release date isn't far off from it. It would be REALLY hard to watch a really short trailer tomorrow for example, followed by "coming December 14th" or whatever.

4 minutes ago, Toymafia88 said:

Maybe I'm grasping at straws but do you think we will see Return to Monkey Island at the rumoured Nintendo Direct this month?

Nintendo Direct does have a pretty good indie precense.

I'm not opening myself up to be let down again 😂

• Haha 1

I think it's unlikely in the extreme that Ron and Devolver would choose the first proper reveal of the game to be at a nintendo event, or that Ninendo would want to prioritise it above other announcements they might want to make, but I'm willing to be proven wrong.

26 minutes ago, Remi said:

Platforms?

(Sorry!)

I added it both to the "wish" and "expect" poll. But unfortunately it's not possible to edit the own answers afterwards, is it?

I hope they announce the platforms – and I HOPE it's not only Windows... At the moment on the Devolver website it only says Windows. Would be a bummer (but I don't think so). 

Edited by BillyCheers

11 minutes ago, BillyCheers said:

I added it both to the "wish" and "expect" poll. But unfortunately it's not possible to edit the own answers afterwards, is it?

I hope they announce the platforms – and I HOPE it's not only Windows... At the moment on the Devolver website it only says Windows. Would be a bummer (but I don't think so). 

Ronzo is a big Switch fan, so I would assume it would at least eventually make its way there. And if the Delores demo is anything to go by -- and who knows if it is or not -- Mac and Linux seem plausible.

Or I could be as wrong as I was about the trailer and it'll be a Windows exclusive. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Well, we know at least they're building with controller support in mind (because one of the bugs mentioned it) so I'd be surprised if it's not launching on modern consoles, and Switch would seem likely. I think we'll hear about platforms with the trailer, but I don't think it's going to be trailered first at a console event.

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, KestrelPi said:

I guess in the end we got pretty much everything but the date.

We really got plenty with the trailer! Almost too much, in my opinion, and I'm a little afraid that there won't be enough "new stuff" in the end. But we will see. :)

Missing from the list above were the release date, LeChuck's voice and more information on gameplay mechanics or controls. All things I am really curious about – but it was pretty unlikely we get even one of them. Hearing the "new Bone" would have been nice, but I just hope he's good and fits to LeChucks ReMI design.

And even though it would be nice to know the release date, I don't think it's that "important" at the moment, since I don't think it isn't coming until September anyway.