1. 1. When will we get a trailer?

• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • Never... the game won't have trailer

I hope for July, because I'm DYING for it, but really, it depends on when the game is out. If say, the game doesn't release until the end of the year, does it make much sense to release another trailer then, only for the hype to have died down 5 months later? July would make sense if the game was out in late July/August/September. I can see it being out by then, but then I also thought it would be out before Summer Game Fest, so what do I know? :p 

We know that there's a rumoured Nintendo Direct at the end of this month, but I don't dare to hope for a trailer there, we all remember the Devolver showcase rumours. Other places it could turn up are Gamescom in August (with a huge German audience) or PAX West in September. Personally, I'm starting to think that it won't be shown at an event, but instead just hit the internet with nothing to compete with it. Disney likes to make sure that nothing else takes the attention away from their product, so it would make sense from a marketing standpoint to make sure it's the only game in town, so to speak. 

Whenever the trailer comes, I hope there is a release date attached that is not far off from it. A month tops. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, OzzieMonkey said:

I hope for July, because I'm DYING for it, but really, it depends on when the game is out. If say, the game doesn't release until the end of the year, does it make much sense to release another trailer then, only for the hype to have died down 5 months later? July would make sense if the game was out in late July/August/September. I can see it being out by then, but then I also thought it would be out before Summer Game Fest, so what do I know? :p 

We know that there's a rumoured Nintendo Direct at the end of this month, but I don't dare to hope for a trailer there, we all remember the Devolver showcase rumours. Other places it could turn up are Gamescom in August (with a huge German audience) or PAX West in September. Personally, I'm starting to think that it won't be shown at an event, but instead just hit the internet with nothing to compete with it. Disney likes to make sure that nothing else takes the attention away from their product, so it would make sense from a marketing standpoint to make sure it's the only game in town, so to speak. 

Whenever the trailer comes, I hope there is a release date attached that is not far off from it. A month tops. 

Same I'm trying not to get my hopes up for the Nintendo Direct. I guess whenever there is another gaming event I get my hopes up a bit for a surprise reveal.

Hmm if your right about them wanting not much of a gap between trailer and release then maybe... instead of a July trailer... maybe they will reveal the trailer at the September Disney event D23 Expo.

Then have the game release a weeks later for Talk Like a Pirate day.

Edited by Toymafia88