Home

Official soundtrack releases

Udvarnoky

Earlier this month saw the release of Mark Griskey's soundtrack for Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. The occasion was probably the new Switch port of the game, but to my knowledge it represents the first official release of a LucasArts game soundtrack album by Disney's music label, which all Lucasfilm music ended up under after the acquisition. Hopefully a sign of things to come?

• Like 2

I guess, especially with Monkey Island, the success of Return will be important. Somehow I can't imagine them releasing soundtracks for the old games just like that, but with new releases/ports it becomes at least a little more likely.

I really hope for a decent release of the Return soundtrack at some point - maybe even on vinyl record! ūü•į¬†I had seen that for another Devolver published game the other day... soooo who knows.

I'm pretty sure MI6 will get a proper soundtracks release, because lately Disney has done this a LOT (especially most of the latest Star Wars games all got official releases). Monkey Island is still the crown jewel of LucasArts' classic IPs, so I could see the release of MI6 giving enough momentum for more love towards the other games of the franchise.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Laserschwert said:

I'm pretty sure MI6 will get a proper soundtracks release, because lately Disney has done this a LOT (especially most of the latest Star Wars games all got official releases). Monkey Island is still the crown jewel of LucasArts' classic IPs, so I could see the release of MI6 giving enough momentum for more love towards the other games of the franchise.

Devolver has a lot of their published games' soundtracks on bandcamp (which, arguably, is the platform that leaves most to the actual artist). The question, as always, is what "steward of the band" actually means and what reins Disney will keep tightly in their hands. Modes of distribution, if that remained with Devolver or Terrible Toybox, that would be awesome.