Home

The Foods of Monkey Island 1 & 2

Remi

On 6/28/2022 at 12:02 AM, OzzieMonkey said:

Someone did try to replicate Grog with all the deadly ingredients removed, but it ended up being just alcohol with a whole lot of pepperoni which is just...awful. 

That was me! Experiment B was the pepperoni rum, yes.

Experiment A was the Phlegm and Tonic: https://monkeyisland.fandom.com/wiki/Pirate_Potables

I didn't use jiggers; I used smaller amounts. I used Diet Coke for phenylalanine. I used Mountain Dew for Yellow Dye #5. I think I had a bit of candy for Green Dye #3 (I couldn't find results for Green Dye #2).

I substituted cheese sauce for paste, because CMI taught us that melted nacho cheese is a substitute for tar.

The drink tasted terrible (Guybrush agrees!) But it didn't make my spit thicker. When I mentioned this on the discord, someone correctly guessed that I didn't stir the Blue Whale with a hook... that's probably what went wrong.

I need to figure out what's in a Caribbean Body Slam. All that talk about pepperoni is giving me a meat-and-drink craving...

Edited by BaronGrackle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Man, I'd love to make a Monkey Island themed cocktail. Sadly, I'm not expert on mixing drinks (or is that stirring?). I'd definitely want one called The Ultimate Insult, where it has either such little alcohol that it's insulting to even call it a cocktail (hence the name), or way too much. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The cannibals used to eat people, but that's probably not a good idea for a celebratory meal. I think Otis mentions catching rats. There are the yellow flowers from the forest, but those are just a condiment. Guybrush does survive a trip on some of those voodoo ingredients mentioned earlier.

On 9/14/2022 at 6:32 AM, Captain Mystery said:

Where's the rump roast in MI1? Is that what's in the Melee Island chef's pot?

Otis gets some from the SCUMM Bar's cook sometimes, prehensile tail and all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure if this is the right place, but since Vichyssoise was mentioned:

When I was younger I found it cruel to put the rat into a boiling soup.

Later I found out that Vichyssoise is a cold soup and was relieved.

Then realized that Vichyssoise is only _served_ cold, but of course cooked before. And the Cook was still adding potatoes 😢

• Like 2