Home

Sea of Thieves

Marius

Are here other Sea of Thieves players?

When that add-on with the Monkey Island easter egg got released I jumped in, and I love this game.

Mostly because of its wonderful atmosphere and lack of UI. I love having long journeys on the sea, listening to the amazing sound and music, and the thrill of not being alone. It's amazing how, 80% of the time, I never encounter another player. But suddenly you see a ship on the horizon, and your heart stops, and you hope they didn't see you yet. (I suck real bad at sea battles, I loose all the time)

Aah, I love it, and it's a great companion while waiting for Return to Monkey Island.

20220606114140_1.jpg

• Like 2

I play this sometimes, and I do really enjoy it.

I do wish that sometimes it was possible to turn the other players off. It can be really frustrating to be doing one of the Tall Tales and enjoying solving the puzzles only to be interrupted by someone deciding they'd like to pick on you.

But generally speaking I really like it, I wish I got to play it more actually but it can be hard to organise a little group for it.

10 minutes ago, ThunderPeel2001 said:

Ooh, this could be good. I own the damn thing, but I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. (I realise this might not make me the best person to play with... Or does it? Hmm. I actually have no idea.)

Haha right there with you!

• Haha 1

SoT is one of my favorite games. I have had my account since the beta, although recently I have not been on as frequently as I used to.  It is one of my favorite games to goof off in -- being bored is part of the experience and the atmosphere makes the whole thing enjoyable. 

Highly recommend to anyone who enjoys the Caribbean pirate aesthetic... which I suspect many in here do!  😁

• Like 1

I'd say there are lulls while playing Sea of Thieves, but I'm rarely bored. It doesn't take that long to get anywhere, and there are always hazards to look out for and things to be worried about while sailing. The most bored I get is when I'm ready to leave for somewhere and the rest of the crew are still mucking around on the island :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KestrelPi said:

I'd say there are lulls while playing Sea of Thieves, but I'm rarely bored. It doesn't take that long to get anywhere, and there are always hazards to look out for and things to be worried about while sailing. The most bored I get is when I'm ready to leave for somewhere and the rest of the crew are still mucking around on the island :)

I'm the crew member that goofs off 😁

It is a great time.  Playing SoT inspired me to take up the concertina! 

• 11 months later...
34 minutes ago, anothercustard said:

Not to get in the way of whether Guybrush looks right or something in the SeMI thread, I'd like to get a crew together for some Sea of Thieves action!

How do I get the ball rolling?

I'm putting together a quick Mojo post today about the expansion pack, so I'll make a mention of it.

• Like 2