Home

Day of the Tentacle Remastered physical editon by LRG

Sopabuena

This just got announced and personally it came as a big surprise. DOTT Remastered was released back in 2016, and with Double Fine's adquisition by Microsoft, I thought that a physical release was not even possible. But here we are.

DayoftheTentacle_MockUp_Market_Banner_CE_PC.webp

I like that the box, with the bubble borders, is very similar to the original one. I think that the cover art is alright, but I do miss the LucasArts logo.

The purple tentacle USB (PC version only) looks really good and the soundtrack is a nice addition

The rest of the items I find a little bit uninspired and cheap.

I think that I will get it, and I'm tempted to get one of the simple console releases too. It's seems like something so rare I would hate to miss. But I can't help to think it could've been done better. 

So what's your opinion on it? Will you get? Do you think we will get Full Throttle too?

• Like 1

I'm of pretty much the same feelings as you, and I wrote that all on their Instagram post reveal for this boxed edition.

I'm still in for the purchase but that fake barf is going straight into the trash and probably I'll empty the hand warmer and keep the case. Both of those items would likely damage the other feelies over time.

I would be interested in a Full Throttle release too!

They’ll almost definitely each be packaged individually, in a nicely laid out box interior. Limited Run doesn’t just throw this stuff in the box like companies did in the 80s. 

I love the inclusion of fake barf. It’s really in line with the game. 

The above image for the PC version says "PC Game & Original Soundtrack" above the CD, which suggests this to be a data CD. So maybe the soundtrack is just a bunch of MP3s on the disc.

Both the PS4 and XBox versions have "Original Soundtrack" written on the CD cover, which on the other hand sounds like it's an audio CD.

Confusing.

Edited by Laserschwert

6 hours ago, Laserschwert said:

The above image for the PC version says "PC Game & Original Soundtrack" above the CD, which suggests this to be a data CD. So maybe the soundtrack is just a bunch of MP3s on the disc.

Both the PS4 and XBox versions have "Original Soundtrack" written on the CD cover, which on the other hand sounds like it's an audio CD.

Confusing.

Yes, that caught my attention too. I doubt they will do too different versions of the CD, so most likely the console version will get a free PC version as well?

For the Sam & Max remasters, we did two discs in a gatefold for the PC version, and one disc in a sleeve for the console versions. Maybe they'll be doing that here?

Either way doing variants of a disc is incredibly cheap, so it wouldn't be surprising if the discs themselves were different either.

• Like 1

Not too thrilled about this release. I never liked the cover design, I've alway thought the characters (especially Laverne) seem a bit off. (The same can be said for the Full Throttle Remastered splash image.) The cd and USB stick are nice, but I'm not really feeling the rest of the collectables.

All in all, I'd rather pay big bucks for an original boxed copy on Ebay.

6 hours ago, Marius said:

The order of Tim and Dave's credit on the box should be flipped on 50% of the boxes!

All respect to McCartney, McCartney/Lennon always looked weird to me. (DOTT is pretty much Rubber Soul.)

• Haha 1

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Now that I see it as a beanie, I finally realise that it's supposed to be a nose and a closed mouth underneath it. In the game, I always thought the pink part was an open mouth with teeth, as if it was screaming. I must've thought the lines underneath were a chin or something... Thank you, LRG.

Anyway, I hope some of my pre-orders get shipped sometime soon too. I ordered the Sam and Max It's Virtual physical edition almost 2 years ago now.

• Like 1