Remi

The Henchperson  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s the number one ?

• Bob — the OG, at least in ghost form
    • Largo — the bully and possibly the real OG
    • The MI2 Voodoo Priest — a short but memorable stint
    • Dinghy Dog… he may or may not count
    • Pegnose Pete — Wait, does HE count? Vote for him if you think so.
    • ReMI crate carrying ghost — a legend in the making
    • You idiot, you forgot… [insert name here]

1 minute ago, Staple Remover said:

My vote is Hardtack from Tales. He smelled good and looks great in a wig. 

Well, I freaking love Hardtack, but I didn't consider him a henchman!

I replayed Siege of Spinner Cay recently. It's worth seeing the conversation when you try to run the blockade with Elaine distracting one side, but without LeChuck distracting Hardtack. The whole "why haven't you fired at me yet?" conversation is one of my favorites in the saga. I'm glad Hardtack seemed okay when we last left him and would hire him as ship's cook anytime.

• Like 1

I do wonder what happened to old Bob. It looks like zombie LeChuck has reacquainted with his old ghost crew (unless it’s a new one) so maybe we’ll see his return.

If I remember correctly, in one branch at least he was left behind on Monkey Island.

Morgan LeFlay can strictly speaking be considered a henchperson of the Marquis, so Morgan LeFlay it is.

Edited by Vainamoinen
stricktly ... strictly ... sritcly ... srsly? You guys have way too many consonants in your words.
  • Like 1
  • Chef's Kiss 1

20 minutes ago, ThunderPeel2001 said:

Doesn't he know Herman if you don't root beer him? 

Yeah, he knows Herman along with your three crewmates! If you let them talk long enough, someone other than you will invite Bob back to Mêlée. If you don't say anything for the Herman version, I THINK Herman and Bob start to leave by themselves until Guybrush automatically says something.

Edited by BaronGrackle
  • Like 2

Thinking on in more, I do like Largo, but I wish we knew more of his story. What was he doing during MI1? Did he know LeChuck when he was alive? Why didn't LeChuck kill him and take him with him when he became GP LeChuck? Where did that fortress come from anyway?

I think he works well as a vehicle to both delay the start and instigate the story of MI2, but there's so little that we still know about him and LeChuck. At least we know how Bob got to be on LeChuck's crew because he explains it in the first cutscene with him.

I originally thought of voting for Largo but then I thought about it and I went with Bob. I really like the whole pathetic nature of Bob and it makes him really likeable to me. He also was the most capable, thinking about it...

Also where's the Murray love?? He was part of LeChuck's crew and followed his orders, so why not include him in the mix?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Wally B. said:

I originally thought of voting for Largo but then I thought about it and I went with Bob. I really like the whole pathetic nature of Bob and it makes him really likeable to me. He also was the most capable, thinking about it...

Also where's the Murray love?? He was part of LeChuck's crew and followed his orders, so why not include him in the mix?

Guybrush should be on this list, as Murray's henchman.

• Haha 3
  • Chef's Kiss 1

12 minutes ago, Wally B. said:

Winslow should be on this list, as Murray's henchman Guybrush's henchman.

The Map should be on this list and placed on the wall, connected with strings to photographs of every employer, reletionship, and identity it has had in the series.