Home

Where, in your mind, is the alley placed in relation to the Mêlée Town high street?

Marius

Where, in your mind, is the alley placed in relation to the Mêlée Town high street?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Where, in your mind, is the alley placed in relation to the Mêlée Town high street?

• Drawing 1
    • Drawing 2
    • Drawing 3
    • Drawing 4
    • Drawing 5
    • Drawing 6
    • None of the above! Let me explain...

Interesting, currently I am the only one believing in #2. My reasoning is simple, but also boring: I think Guybrush walks through some parts of the town we don't see. Especially between High and Low street. In my mind, Mêlée Town is huuuge, and we only see a small portion of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marius said:

Interesting, currently I am the only one believing in #2. My reasoning is simple, but also boring: I think Guybrush walks through some parts of the town we don't see. Especially between High and Low street. In my mind, Mêlée Town is huuuge, and we only see a small portion of it.

For god's sake, look at the psssst. :fist:

And yes, I realize I'm getting into "the grassy knoll" territory here. ¬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Odious Remi said:

For god's sake, look at the psssst. :fist:

Bah, doesn't prove anything! I always imagined Fester running further into the alley when he sees Guybrush approaching. Probably giggling the whole time.

By the way, I always love that you can see his sword peeking out from behind the corner the whole time until he jumps out of his "hiding spot".

great-Hiding-Spot.png

• Haha 1
  • Wow 2
  • Chef's Kiss 1

3 minutes ago, Marius said:

Bah, doesn't prove anything! I always imagined Fester running further into the alley when he sees Guybrush approaching. Probably giggling the whole time.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I'm pretty sure we're giving this way more thought than the MI1 team did. :~

3 minutes ago, Marius said:

By the way, I always love that you can see his sword peeking out from behind the corner the whole time until he jumps out of his "hiding spot".

great-Hiding-Spot.png

Also, that would suggest Fester is standing there with his back turned to the alley.

https://scummbar.com/images/dep/screenshots_mi1_pc/full15.gif

We are solving the big ones here!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Marius said:

great-Hiding-Spot.png

I think this is a ScummVM bug if you were using that. I spotted the same thing myself but when elTee ran it through DREAMM he didn’t get the same. 🤔 

• Wow 3

Let me add a controversial "evidence" that the wall with the circus poster (and the windows and the door) can't be the church:

image.png

In my opinion, it's "A". It's an alley behind the shop.

Also, city walls have no windows.

Since the rightmost side of the alleyway shows another building, the building with the circus poster on it can't be one attached to the city walls:

image.png

EDIT: so no, it can't be "A" neither. I retract my previous statement and vote for "6".

Edited by LowLevel
Removing a "null" word magically appeared in the post.
  • Like 1